Applications to Imagine H2O Asia’s accelerator and market access program are open!
What is Imagine H2O Asia?
Imagine H2O Asia helps promising water entrepreneurs build and scale solutions across the Asia-Pacific. Harnessing Imagine H2O’s decade of experience supporting 100+ startups, Imagine H2O Asia provides you with the partners, resources and insights to power your success. But we are much more than an accelerator.
From our Singapore hub, we partner alongside you to open new markets for your business in South and Southeast Asia. Our mission is uniquely aligned with your priorities — whether you are new to the region, or already based there. By developing and scaling your business, together we can realize a more water- and climate-resilient future for this dynamic, fast-growing part of the world.
Why Southeast Asia?
From groundwater shortages and extreme flooding to untreated wastewater and access to safe drinking water, this region offers a microcosm for global water and wastewater challenges. In response, the region’s myriad differences are bridged by a shared appetite for innovative solutions. And it’s only growing.
Despite disruptions due to the pandemic, our Cohort 2 startups secured new pilots and commercial projects across six countries in the region. Rising public awareness, regulation and enforcement, as well as investor interest spells new opportunities for our next cohort. Imagine H2O Asia helps your startup capture these opportunities — and then adapt and localize your solution for wider adoption.
Cohort 3 will be Imagine H2O Asia’s biggest and boldest accelerator — with new partners, additional pilot support, and wider regional connectivity.
- We provide specialized mentorship leveraging a network of leading industry executives and market experts based in the region
- We bring the customers to you through a growing community of industrial and municipal end-users, as well as our in-country advisors
- We provide pilot support to help you secure those crucial reference cases that can unlock scaling opportunities, including a new partnership with the World Bank
- We create a year-round stage for you to showcase your solution far and wide including events like Singapore International Water Week and SWITCH
- We deploy our Singapore presence and partnerships to help you identify testbedding or commercial projects and launch faster in neighboring markets
- We will support you throughout your startup’s journey through our alumni program because we know how tough it is to build a water business
Just weeks into the program, Imagine H2O Asia and its mentors got us our first pilot. Imagine H2O Asia truly enables market access. We also benefited in many other ways — from presenting to partners at ADB and World Bank, receiving hard-nosed business advice from industry leaders, and showcasing our company at Singapore International Water Week. The team isn’t just running a great program — they have become our best partners.
— Gokul Krishna Govindu, CEO, SmartTerra (Cohort 2)
Where and When is the Program?
While we are housed at the Singapore Water Exchange, the program is virtual and will begin late October. In April 2022, we aim to host Water Innovation Week Asia, an in-person bootcamp and Demo Day on the margins of Singapore International Water Week.
What Startups Can Apply?
We are looking for global entrepreneurial solutions to South and Southeast Asia’s water and wastewater challenges. Explore our program benefits, thematic focus, and eligibility criteria.
How Do I Apply?
- Step 1: Review applications materials
- Step 2: Review Program Guide
- Step 3: Submit Pre-Application
- Step 4: If approved, complete Full Application
Deadline: September 1
If you applied to the 2021 Imagine H2O Accelerator (Winter 2020), follow these instructions to apply.
Note: We encourage applicants to submit their Pre-Applications as soon as possible to have time to complete the Full Application and receive access to application tutorials.
Imagine H2O Asia is supported by Enterprise Singapore, SUEZ, Xylem, PUB Singapore, Kurita, Singapore Water Association, ADB Ventures, World Bank Global Water Practice, and a growing regional community of industrial and municipal end-users.
For more information please open this link