Account Executive (EU Affairs) – Brussels
· Brussels, Brussels
World-leading strategic communications and campaigns agency, Red Flag, is inviting applications from talented and ambitious candidates for the role of Account Executive (EU Affairs).
Red Flag is a multi-award-winning agency that has transformed how businesses, associations and non-profits strategise, communicate and influence.
Founded in 2013, Red Flag has grown rapidly in stature and reputation, and we now represent and advise the biggest companies, coalitions and industry associations across the globe from our offices in Brussels, Dublin, London, Washington DC and Cape Town.
Red Flag’s expert campaigners are recognised as amongst the most creative, diligent and dedicated consultants in our industry, and we work hand-in-hand with the most interesting and exciting clients to conceive and execute multi-disciplinary and innovative campaigns that win.
Having secured significant new business, Red Flag is now seeking like-minded, energetic and motivated candidates for key roles in our agency. This is an excellent and exciting opportunity to join our exclusive and talented team of former government advisers, senior diplomats, journalists, multinational executives and expert political and strategy consultants.
Account Executives are vitally important to Red Flag. They are the backbone of the company and provide invaluable support to account teams and clients through smart monitoring, research, and drafting of advocacy and strategic communications material.
This specific position is offered for an Account Executive to be based in our Brussels office, with the opportunity of working partly from home. Some international travel may be required.
A Red Flag Account Executive:
- Drafts analysis and reports on priority policy files, debates and issues.
- Performs regular monitoring of social and traditional media, utilising a range of software tools (training provided).
- Supports the development and execution of creative campaigns in support of our clients’ public affairs and communications objectives.
- Identifies opportunities for new business development in cooperation with senior staff.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate would have a combination of the following:
- 1-2 years of public relations or political experience (agency, in-house and/or European Institutions experience preferred; candidates with less experience also considered).
- An understanding of EU decision-making processes.
- Proactive approach and willingness to take the initiative.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to understand and write clearly about technical subjects.
- Willingness to build a network among EU policymakers, media and the wider Brussels stakeholder landscape.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills as well as the ability to prioritise and multitask in a creative, challenging and fast-paced work environment.
- Interest in visual content and basic understanding of digital communications is desirable
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Flexible mindset, intellectually curious.
- Fluent English. Other European languages an advantage.
What we offer
Red Flag prides itself on being an industry-leading employer that drives innovative thinking, fosters collaboration and secures results. We have an established policy of promoting from within and provide a staff development programme and clear pathways to promotion, as well as generous staff benefits and incentives.
- Mentorship and training
- Support to build and maintain a network of contacts with key stakeholders
- Competitive salary and benefits including an attractive annual bonus scheme
- Hybrid working model
Candidates should submit a CV and cover letter, detailing all relevant experience and outlining what they can bring to Red Flag, to https://thisisredflag.com/careers by 5pm on 22 July 2022.
For more information please open this link