Applications close30 September 2019
What you’ll receive
- a living allowance for three years, indexed annually ($28,092 in 2020). The scholarship is for full-time students, and can be used to support living costs.
International students may also receive:
- a research degree tuition fee sponsorship.
- meet the admission criteria for a PhD (PDF file, 235.7 KB)
- apply for and be accepted into a PhD or professional doctorate.
This scholarship is not available for masters students.
By 30 September, you must also:
- meet the English language proficiency requirements
- apply via a QUT agent, if required. Check if you need to use an official QUT representative to apply (PDF file, 75.8 KB). If you do, you can find an agent in your country.
QUT Postgraduate Research Award Scholarships are not Australian Government funded scholarships. You and any dependants are not exempt from visa application fees under this scholarship.
English language requirements
Depending on your previous experience and qualifications, you may need to meet English language requirements. You can find your English language requirements in your course information.
We accept test results from:
- IELTS (Academic)
- TOEFL iBT (Internet-based)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)
- Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE)
QUT IELTS Test Centre
If you are in Australia, you can complete the IELTS proficiency exam at our IELTS test centre.
If you are registering for a TOEFL test, you can organise to send your results directly to us. Our TOEFL institution code is 9778.
Depending on the faculty you’ll be studying in, you will have to meet specific eligibility criteria.
How to apply
Applications for our annual scholarship round are now open for students starting in 2021.
Apply for a research degree and a scholarship any time between now and 30 October 2020.
You must register your interest for a scholarship when you apply for your course by completing the ‘Scholarship application’ section of the research degree application form. Indicate on your application that you want to be considered for a scholarship as part of our annual scholarship round. You must apply by 30 October.
You’ll be considered for all scholarships you’re eligible for.
I’ve already applied for my course
If you have already applied for admission and hold a current offer of admission or have been approved a deferral of admission, and you want to be considered in the annual scholarship round, register your interest by contacting the Graduate Research Centre. You must register your interest via email by 30 October.
You’ll need to include an up-to-date curriculum vitae (CV) outlining your research achievements.
What happens next?
We’ll assess applications and make offers in mid-November.
If your scholarship application is successful, you’ll need to accept the offer by the response date provided in your offer. We expect you to begin your research degree early in the following year.
Eligibility for admission to a PhD is determined by the Graduate Research Centre. Scholarships applications will be assessed by the faculty you’re applying to study with.
Your scholarship will end when you submit your thesis, or at the end of the award’s tenure, whichever comes first.
Read the terms and conditions (PDF file, 370.9 KB) for this scholarship.
To keep your scholarship, you must:
- make satisfactory progress in your studies
- remain studying at QUT
- be enrolled as an internal student
- remain studying full-time.
- hold another scholarship that is worth more than 75% of the QUT Postgraduate Research Award (Domestic).
About the scholarship
We are building research excellence by supporting students of exceptional research potential with QUTPRAs. The number of QUTPRAs offered varies from year to year. In 2020 over 100 QUTPRA scholarships were awarded.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE OPEN THIS LINK