University of Alberta Doctoral Recruitment Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to recruit superior students at the doctoral level who have the potential to contribute to the University of Alberta’s community and research.
Scholarships will be offered in increments of $5,000. The department may decide how many increments of $5,000 to offer a student.
The award value varies and is indicated in the original letter of offer.
The scholarship will be awarded to students who:
• Are Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or students on a study permit
• Are admitted to a doctoral graduate degree program by the department or transferred from a master’s to a doctoral degree program
• Will be registered full-time in a doctoral degree program
• Have an admission GPA of at least 3.5
Departments might have additional selection criteria; for more details students are to consult the department into which they seek admission.
There is no application form; eligible students are considered on the recommendation of the admitting department. Students cannot apply for this scholarship. Students are to contact their admitting department for additional information.
Each department is assigned an allocation (please see link below). Individual graduate departments are responsible for selecting nominees based on eligibility criteria and allocations. Departments may choose to nominate individuals based on a variety of criteria including academic record, letters of appraisal, statement of program, applicant’s research, potential contributions to research, and other technical experience.
1. Department nominates students to the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR) by the nomination deadline
2. FGSR verifies eligibility
3. FGSR approves the award
4. FGSR notifies winners directly
Nomination deadlines are based on start dates and are as follows:
• For students with a September 1, 2020 start date, the deadline is July 2, 2020.
• For students with a January 1, 2021 start date, the deadline is November 2, 2020.
Note: Any changes to an original nomination must also be received by the above-specified dates.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE OPEN THIS LINK