Are you a civil society leader in South Asia or the MENA region? Are you working for a more gender equal world? SI Leader Lab is an online leadership programme for advocates of gender equality who wish to grow in their role while exploring new tools and forms for collaboration. Apply to SI Leader Lab if you want to grow as a leader, develop your advocacy skills and share knowledge in a network of inspirational peersInfo:
SI Leader Lab – Connecting Advocates Of Gender Equality
Available for Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Egypt, India, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestine, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen
Open for applications until 9 February
SI Leader Lab 2021 will bring together 60 young influential civil society leaders in South Asia, the MENA region and Sweden who are active advocates of gender equality. The overarching objective is to strengthen leaders who are working for gender equality.
The programme is an opportunity for you to develop your advocacy skills and work on strategic outreach within your focus area. It’s also an opportunity to grow as a leader, exchange experiences, form new connections and to try out innovative tools and methods with peers working in a similar context.
The programme, spread over three months, contains highly interactive online meetings. We will work in smaller learning groups, combined with sessions that include all participants. The training is founded on experience-based and collaborative learning and will allow you to explore real challenges and areas of development for your own organisation in an innovative and supportive environment.
The programme is as much about personal as professional development. It is about growing as a person with renewed confidence and insights, and growing as a leader with new tools, methods and perspectives.
The particular expertise and experience of the participants will largely determine the topics that we work on. The following broader issues, however, will be central: value-based leadership and group development and effective advocacy methods.
SI Leader Lab will give you:
- Personal insights as a leader: how to lead yourself and others through increased self-awareness and increased understanding of group development.
- An opportunity to explore effective advocacy methods that will help you shape and reach out with a message to intended audiences.
- The possibility to share and build knowledge in a network of experts, to inspire each other and share experiences on common challenges.
Can I apply?
You can apply to SI Leader Lab if you:
- Have a leading position (formal or informal) in a civil society organisation or network working for gender equality.
- Work in a collaborative setting, where you have a leadership role (formal or informal).
- Are between 22 and 32 years old (born 1988–1999).
- Have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- Are a citizen of Algeria, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Egypt, India, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestine, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tunisia or Yemen.
- Are available to take part in all parts of the programme.
- Are prepared to forward competences and knowledge you gain from the programme to your team, organisation or other relevant actors.
Please note that we are not able to make any exceptions to the eligibility requirements.
Please note that SI Leader Lab is a demanding programme, as we use experienced based learning and reflection as a tool for personal growth. Therefore, we recommend that all participants are in psychological balance and willing to put in the efforts that the programme requires.
- Approximate schedule: 23 March -15 June – sessions every Tuesday at 10 am-1 pm CET. There will also be some additional dates with longer sessions. Participants will take part in online seminars, practical group assignments and individual project work.
- Diploma ceremony: 15 June
Costs covered and arranged by Swedish Institute
- Training and content
How to apply
Only applicants who have submitted a complete application will be considered for the programme. These are the steps in the application process:
- Download and fill out the SI Leader Lab application form For an accessibility supported version of SI Leader Lab 2021 Application form click here.
- Go to the application portal
- Upload the completed application form in English
- Upload an updated CV in English
- Upload a photo (not compulsory).
2. Evaluation of applications
Each application is evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Drive and motivation
- Awareness and analytical skills
- To what extent the applicant has impact on strategic decisions within his/her organisation or network
- To what extent the applicant’s organisation/network is driving change in the field of gender equality
- The candidate’s possibility to both benefit from and contribute to the programme.
In the final selection, the evaluation committee will also consider group composition and will strive to put together participants with greatest possibilities for dynamic exchange and learning, as well as for continued collaboration and networking.
SI will contact 60 selected applicants by email and offer them a place in the programme. SI will also compose a list of reserve candidates in case a second selection round is needed. Unfortunately, because of the large number of applicants to a limited number of seats, we have to turn down many highly qualified persons.
For more information please open this link