The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) launches the 9th Summer Internship Programme to provide undergraduate students the opportunity to conduct summer research at the CRG. The goal of the programme is to encourage students, from any nationality, in the pursuit of a scientific career and to introduce them to an international laboratory experience.
A maximum of 8 internship positions will be awarded in 2021.
- Undergraduates with an excellent academic record and a strong interest in biosciences and biomedical research (prior lab experience is highly recommended) who are in their final two years of studies in the Life Sciences or related subjects (e.g. Bioinformatics, Biomedicine, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Chemistry).
- Two full years (4 semesters) of college course work completed by the time the internship commences.
- Candidates may not have received an undergraduate degree at the time of the internship (Summer 2021).
- Candidates may not have previously obtained a “CRG Summer Internship”.
- High level of English.
- You have the availability to do a student placement/internship agreement through your University.
Positions will be awarded on a competitive basis taking into consideration the student’s academic records and the motivation & reference letter(s). Each student will be matched with a specific laboratory based on the student’s interest and background.
The summer training will consist of 320 working hours (40 hours/ week), distributed over 2 months from June/July up to September 2021, however all summer internship fellows should be at CRG the week of the 20th July 2021 as there will be some specific activities organized.
The intensive nature of the programme requires full-time commitment from the participant. Students are required to participate inall scheduled activities.
Applications for the CRG Summer Internship Programme are accepted exclusively online through our online application system. Candidates must prepare their online application in English.
The application will include the following information:
- The registration form duly completed.
- Your most recent academic transcript, which should include the title of the courses you have completed thus far and the grades you received.
- Description of your interest for life sciences research, what you hope to gain through your participation in the CRG Summer Internship Programme, your vision of what the summer internship will benefit you on a personal and academic level, and the reasons behind your choice.
- Candidates will be asked to provide contact details of at least one referee. Then the online system will send an email to the referee with the steps to follow to be able to upload the reference letter to your application form.
- You will not be able to submit the form if all the required documentation is not included.
- Candidates are encouraged to check information (http://www.crg.eu/content/research/faculty-members) regarding the lab and the Group Leader before selecting one lab in the form.
All the information must be submitted by the application deadline. Applications received later than 8th March 2021 will not be considered.
- All selected candidates: 400€/month
- If the candidate is not from Barcelona: 1 return ticket to the student’s place of residence (European ticket up to of 300€ / Overseas up to 800€)
- Meal vouchers (lunch/working days) for 2 months.
- Student interns must provide their own health and accident insurance in case it is not provided by the University.
- To complement the internship the fellows will need to provide a final scientific report and participate of some activities that will be organised throughout the internship.
From this stipend, students are responsible for their own housing.
Participation in the Summer Internship Programme does not imply any contractual relationship between the beneficiary and the CRG. If the student, for any reason, voluntarily withdraws or interrupts the programme, any unduly received payments must be returned.
For this call, the CRG Research Groups that have expressed interest in hosting a student are:
|Ben Lehner Genetic Systems||Elvan BokeOocyte Biology & Cellular Dormancy|
|Manuel IrimiaTranscriptomics of Vertebrate Development and Evolution||Nicholas StroustrupDynamics of Living Systems|
|Roderic GuigóComputational Biology of RNA Processing|
c/ Dr. Aiguader,
For more information please open this link