E4D Continuing Education Scholarship Programme
The Engineering for Development (E4D) Continuing Education Scholarship Programme awards scholarships for travel and living expenses to candidates from low-income countries to attend continuing education programmes at ETH Zurich.
The goal of the programme is to enhance the knowledge and skills of future leaders with the perspective of contributing to capacity development and poverty reduction in their home countries.
Eligibility of the candidate
- The candidate must hold a completed and recognised Master’s degree from a university and proof professional working experience of at least 2 years.
- A minimal English standard of TOEFL level C1. If the continuing education programme requires a minimal level in another language, proof of this level should also be submitted.
- The scholarship is open to candidates from Least Developed Countries, Low Income Countries and Lower Middle Income Countries classified in the DAC-list of the OECD.
- Candidates need to be accepted by the School for Continuing Education, ETH Zurich as well as the MAS, DAS or CAS programme office.
Which programmes are eligible for this scholarship?
All programmes of the ETH Zurich continuing education programmes (MAS/CAS/DAS) are eligible for the scholarship. Check the webpage of the “School for Continuing Education” to get an overview of the different programmes.
The following expenses will be covered by the scholarship (for the successful candidate):
- Economy roundtrip ticket (max. 2’000 CHF)
- Visa fees
- Living allowance for the duration of the programme
- ETH general tuition fee waiver (660 CHF per semester)
The following expenses will NOT be covered by the scholarship:
- The programme fees of the MAS/CAS/DAS are not covered by the E4D Continuing Education Scholarship.
- The general application fee of the School for Continuing Education of 150 CHF will not be covered. However, in case an application to the E4D continuing education scholarship is valid but not selected, the fee can be paid back to candidates from low income countries.
Only candidates who are admitted to an ETH MAS, DAS or CAS programme based on his/her academic and professional qualifications are considered for a scholarship. Candidates must apply to both (I) a continuing education programme and (II) to the E4D scholarship. Please contact the programme coordinator of your chosen continuing education programme concerning the admission process timeline in order to be able to obtain an admission letter before the E4D scholarship application deadline.
- Completed application form (DOCX, 39 KB)
- CV of the candidate
- MSc or Masters Diploma and academic transcript(s)
- 1-2 page application letter, stating the motivation to attend the programme and the impact for the candidate’s career development and beyond
- Two professional references
- Formal admission letter by the School for Continuing Education confirming that the candidate is admitted to the MAS, DAS or CAS programme for the respective semester
- Certificate of employment. The certificate of employment letter must be sent to the E4D programme office directly through the employer (and not the candidate)
- Certificate of English level (minimum TOEFL level C1). If the programme requires a minimal level in another requires, proof of this acquired level must also be submitted.
Detailed application criteria can be downloaded here (PDF, 188 KB).
The application has to be submitted to email@example.com in one single pdf document. Application deadline: 30 November 2020
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Check here to check whether your country is eligible.
- The deadline is fixed!
- Without an ETH admission confirmation letter, the application will not be valid. Please check with the programme coordinator of your chosen continuing education programme about the timeframe of the admission process.
- Questions in any other language than English won’t be answered.
- Questions that are addressed in the application requirement document (DOCX, 44 KB) will not be answered.
- Questions regarding enrolment in the Continuing Education programmes should be submitted to the School for Continuing Education
- Learn more about previous recipients of the E4D Continuing Education Scholarship here
- For all other questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please open this link