Whilst the One Young World Summit 2021 will welcome digital delegates from every country in the world, the vision of “the world under one roof” remains key to the One Young World philosophy. One Young World invites young leaders living across Europe to apply to join the Summit in Munich to ensure that every country is represented.
What does this scholarship provide?
- In-person delegate participation in the One Young World Summit 2021 which takes place in Munch, Germany from 22 – 25 July.*
- Return travel within Europe.
- Hotel accommodation for the duration of the Summit.
- Meals and catering throughout the Summit.
- Membership of the One Young World Ambassador community.
Who can apply?
- Young leaders with a track record of delivering social impact related to at least one of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- Aged 18 – 30**.
- Residents of one of the countries listed here.
- Eligible to represent one of the countries listed here.
- Priority will be given to applicants able to represent countries that are least like to otherwise be represented by delegates attending the Summt in-person.
- One Young World Ambassadors ARE eligible for this scholarship and their applications will be treated on an equal standing to those of first time One Young Word applicants.
What counts as “representing” a country?
You can apply to represent one of the eligible countries if:
- You are a citizen of the country.
- You were born in the country.
- Your parents or grandparents were born in the country.
- You have lived for an extended period in the country and call(ed) it home.
- You have significant cultural ties to that country.
- Please note, country representatives are likely to be asked to carry their country’s flag at the One Young World Opening Ceremony.
Please note that applications will be reviewed, and places will be awarded on an ongoing basis. Early applications are therefore strongly advised.
Final Application Deadline: 3 June 2021
*If you are selected for this scholarship but are ultimately unable to participate due to travel restrictions, you will be provided with digital access to the Summit.
**Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. We are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
For more information please open this link