Deadline: 13 December, 2019
Open to: emerging leaders who have made meaningful contributions to their field
Benefits: fully funded
The application for the 2020-2021 Obama Foundation Scholars Program is now open. The application form along with a list of eligibility requirements and detailed application instructions are provided below. The deadline to submit your application is 12:00pm EST on December 13.
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University seeks rising leaders from around the world who meet the following criteria:
- Have a proven commitment to service and leadership within a community, region or country outside the United States, coupled with a demonstrated commitment to return to these communities following their completion of the program and apply their enhanced training, skills and connections on a long-term basis for the benefit of these communities
- Are emerging leaders who have made meaningful contributions to their field and are now at a “tipping point” in their careers
- Are fluent in English (verbal, written and spoken)
- Have the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of their community
- Have a demonstrated commitment to humility, integrity, inclusivity, stewardship, fearlessness, imagination and teamwork
A complete application, submitted entirely online, includes the following materials:
Complete online application form
Complete the online application form. The deadline to apply is 12:00pm EST on December 13.
The resume/curriculum vitae should be a chronological listing of your employment and academic history, and other significant activities, including any awards, publications, or other achievements․
Personal video statement
The personal video statement should be a short video (no longer than five minutes in length) introducing the applicant and their work to the selection committee. Applicants will upload their video statement to a video hosting service, like YouTube or Vimeo, and will include a link