What is Offered
The ADB-JSP provides:
- full tuition fees
- monthly subsistence allowance (including housing)
- books and instructional materials
- medical insurance
- travel expenses
For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation. In special circumstances, computer literacy, preparatory language and other similar courses may be covered under the scholarship. JSP Brochure ADB-JSP Annual Reports
Major Fields of Study
Science and Technology
Agriculture, Biological Science, Computer Science, Energy, Engineering, Environment, Forestry, Genetics, and Health
Economics, Business and Management
Accounting, Business Administration/Management, Commerce, E-Business, Entrepreneurship, Economics, Finance, International Cooperation, and Social Sciences
Asia Paciﬁc Studies, Development Management, and Development Studies
Law and Public Policy
International Business Law, International Environmental Law, Policy Studies, Political Science, Public Administration, and Public Policy
- Citizen of an ADB borrowing member and Japanese Official Development Assistance scholarship eligible country.
- Gained admission to an approved course in any of the 25 institutions.
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic record.
- At least 2 years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application.
- Not more than 35 years old at the time of application. For programs which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
- In good health.
- Should agree to return to his or her home country after completion of studies under the program.
- Executive directors, alternate directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and close relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Staff of ADB–JSP partner institutions are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his or her home country are not eligible for scholarships.
- ADB–JSP does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
Available to citizens of the following countries/areas:
- Cook Islands
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- Marshall Islands
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
- Viet Nam
Procedures for Applying
1. Applicant requests for information and application forms from the chosen partner institution
2. Applicant completes required documents for application including ADB-JSP information sheet
3. Applicant sends documents to institution
4. Institution evaluates and decides on admission and applicant
5. Institution sends shortlist of candidates to ADB
6. ADB reviews submission from institutions
7. ADB recommends awardees based on its selection criteria to the Japanese executive director for approval
8. ADB selects scholars and informs institution
- 1 Applicants are required to submit their latest Income tax return or certification of their annual salary/monthly salary, whichever is available. They should also submit a certification of family income (parent’s income).
- 2 The duly accomplished application forms, together with all copies of academic records, should be sent to the institution at least six (6) months before the commencement of the intake that you wish to join.
- 3 Only candidates who have been offered admission and endorsed by the academic institutions will be considered for the scholarships by the ADB.
- The ADB-JSP does not cover expenses for the scholar’s family; extra-curricular courses or training; additional travel during the course of the study program; additional expenses related to supplementary educational materials, field trips, or participation in workshops, seminars, or internships while at the academic institution or purchase of educational equipment such as computers.
- Completion of the application form or admission by the academic institution does not mean that you have been accepted for a scholarship; accordingly you should not take any action with respect to your current employment or otherwise, until you have been informed by the institution that you have been awarded a scholarship.
For more information please open this link