Full-time EU Public Affairs and Communications Trainee at Philanthropy Advocacy team in Brussels
We are offering a full-time paid EU Public Affairs and Communications Trainee for six months starting on 20 September 2021. You would support the Philanthropy Advocacy team at the Philanthropy House in Brussels, Belgium and be able to work remotely.
The ideal candidate has a record in European public affairs, is passionate about social media, new forms of communication, is attentive to detail, able to write reports and news and is fluent in both written and spoken English (C2 level). Other languages are an asset. Experience in the civil society and/or philanthropy sector would be an advantage.
- Assisting the Philanthropy Advocacy communications team in advancing the “Philanthropy Advocacy” project, drafting reports, news items and briefings
- Working closely with Philanthropy Advocacy team in developing and maintaining social media and communications work, including:
- Philanthropy Advocacy website and newsletter
- #Philanthropy4good campaign, including creation of videos, GIFs, visual material and social media planning and messaging
- Preparing presentations, social media toolkits etc.
- Arranging meetings with policy makers of all three EU institutions and organising policy events
- Supporting Dafne and Philanthropy Advocacy teams in event and project management
- Conducting desk research
What we offer:
This is a paid full-time internship. We are offering an inspiring working environment at the Philanthropy House in the centre of Brussels, access to a great European network in politics and philanthropy. You would have unlimited learning opportunities and responsibility from day one.
Who we are:
With the overarching aim of ensuring a thriving European philanthropy sector, Philanthropy Advocacy acts as a hub for legal, fiscal and advocacy efforts on behalf of European philanthropy. This collaboration of Dafne, as a network of 30 national-level donors and foundations networks across Europe, and the EFC, as a European-level network of more than 200 of the most influential philanthropic organisations active in Europe, brings a strong, united voice for European philanthropy.
How to apply:
Please send your motivation letter and CV in English as a pdf on 23 August 2021, to Max von Abendroth, Co-Lead of Philanthropy Advocacy: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will proceed with the interviews of short-listed candidates on an ongoing basis. The interviews will take place in the first weeks of September.
For more information please open this link