Application Deadline: March 31, 2019
Call for participation for the L’oreal BRANDSTORM Competition 2019 in Paris.
Eligible Regions: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Cameroon, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mauritius Island, Mexico, Netherlands, Nigeria, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Swede, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE, UK, Ukraine, USA, Zimbabwe
L’ORÉAL BRANDSTORM (hereinafter the “Competition”) is an international innovation competition organized by L’ORÉAL SA (hereinafter “L’ORÉAL”), a corporation with a capital of 112 016 437 40 Euros, registered with the Paris Company Trade Register under the number 632 012 100 with its headquarters located at 14 Rue Royale, 75008 Paris.
The aim of the Competition is to offer the students a pedagogical and professional experience and the opportunity to innovate within the beauty industry. This project is a part of the L’ORÉAL international human resources communication strategy and aims to enhance students’ entrepreneurial skills, creativity skills, and perception of the L’ORÉAL business.
Science and beauty have been the pillars of the L’Oréal Foundation’s work since 2007. The Foundation is using its passion and expertise in these two fields to drive and deliver major projects and change mind-sets, behaviours and ultimately, the world.
Supporting women at the frontiers of science, highlighting their work and giving them the platform they deserve, helping vulnerable members of the community to rebuild their lives, offering those without training a way back to work every one of the Foundation’s programmes addresses a basic, vital need.
Take their iconic For Women in Science programme, which is channelling female creativity into every scientific discipline and working to establish real parity, bringing together a community of passionate, inspiring women who support each other. The addition of the For Girls in Science programme means that female high school students are now also rallying under the banner of science thanks to the excellent work that their ambassadors are doing at the grass roots level.
Meanwhile, the Beauty for a Better Life programme is about helping vulnerable groups feel better and do better. Through beauty, this initiative makes a pivotal contribution to rebuilding confidence and getting lives back on track. They fund beauty and wellness treatments in medical and social settings as a way of helping vulnerable individuals on their path to recovery and supporting them to become part of the society again, knowing that physical appearance plays a fundamental role in boosting self-esteem, fighting spirit and social belonging. Finally, their Beauty for a Better Life programmes are also helping vulnerable people in more than 25 countries access employment by providing high quality training opportunities in different beauty professions.
The L’Oréal Group’s Foundation is committed to working on international solutions to international challenges.
- No participation fee or purchase is required.
- At the World Finals, one prize will be awarded according to the 4 criteria mentioned above. This year, the reward will be a 3-month Intrapreneurship program. The winning team will get the opportunity to work at Station F as L’Oréal employees. There will be a deadline to begin the program until December 31st 2019. This award gives the opportunity for the winners to work on developing their Brandstorm project into a feasible business model. L’Oréal has the rights of all the intellectual property built by the students. L’Oréal will assign mentors and coaches to guide students throughout the program. The participants of the program will be paid according to L’Oréal payroll standards. More information on this will be given throughout the competition.
- In the case of a legitimate reason (refer to the below) in which one member cannot participate, they will be given a monetary award of 10,000 €. If 2 members cannot do the internship, then each of the 3 members will be given 10,000 € and there will be no intrapreneurship reward. Each Team and/or Team member will be wholly responsible for the payment of any tax, contribution or amount of any kind due in respect of the award of a prize under the Competition.
- In case a disqualification of a team member occurs, he/she will not attend the intrapreneurship and will not receive any prize money.
- L’Oréal will assist with visa and work permit