Reuters is seeking ambitious, energetic graduates and/or final year students with excellent language skills to join its real-time news operation in Gdansk, Poland, for a three-month internship.
Successful candidates will be immersed in a fast paced, international environment, working directly with editorial teams that publish alerts on major corporate news developments; write short stories about major companies in Europe’s biggest economies; produce online packages used by global media customers; and translate international news.
Applicants must speak fluent English and have strong conversational skills in at least one additional European language. They will bring a strong work ethic, a readiness to learn quickly and an obsession with winning.
Our summer internship programme will begin in June 2021, although we can be somewhat flexible based on your University term.
What you can learn?
- How Reuters is the fastest news agency in the world, delivering market-moving news to traders, investors and consumers globally within seconds
- How to work in a time-pressure environment that requires strong judgment, exceptional attention to detail and fast reflexes to identify key information from a financial statement
- How news events impact financial markets, using the leading professional financial terminal, Refinitiv’s Eikon, to monitor prices and analyze developments
- How to plan coverage of major corporate earnings releases and economic data indicators such as GDP and inflation
- How to create multimedia packages for Reuters News online clients
- How to translate market reports, general, political, economic and company news stories from English at speed (into Russian, Polish, Turkish, Italian, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese)
What you need to bring?
- Fluent English and very good knowledge of one other European language
- A strong interest in journalism and/or financial markets
- Excellent writing and communication skills; translation skills a strong plus
- Attention to detail, comfort with handling data and facts accurately and quickly
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate with others
- A burning desire to be first with the news
What’s in it For You?
- Paid, three-month internship at a global news agency in our Text team
- Dynamic, international, diverse working environment
- Opportunity to join the biggest Reuters newsroom in Europe
- Chance to collaborate with other journalists across Europe
- On the job learning and training, with access to Thomson Reuters University resources
- Mentoring through the internship period
Please note, the deadline for applications is Sunday 23rd May 2021.
Reuters is the world’s largest multimedia news provider. Founded in 1851, it is committed to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias. With unmatched coverage in over 16 languages, and reaching billions of people worldwide every day, Reuters provides trusted intelligence that powers humans and machines to make smart decisions. It supplies business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world’s media organizations, industry events and directly to consumers. Reuters: The Real World in Real Time
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
For more information please open this link