Eurocities, the network of major European cities, is recruiting a policy & project support officer in the field of environment. The candidate would ideally start in December 2021.
As policy & project support officer, you will work with Eurocities environment team to support ongoing project work in the areas of energy, climate change and environment. In this role, you will:
- Support the policy advisor to manage Eurocities project:
- contact cities to inform them about the project and recruit them
- liaise with project partners
- organise project events and meetings with EU policy-makers
- contribute to draft policy recommendations
- support dissemination and publication
- contribute to capacity buildings activities
- Contribute to the Covenant of Mayors case studies
- Contribute to the Covenant of Mayors twinning activities
- Support the management and organisation of forum and working group meetings in coordination with the policy advisor, the forum/WG chair(s) and the host city
- Contribute to EU policy development in the areas of climate, energy and environment
- Analyse environmental policy documents and prepare policy papers
- Draft articles for the Eurocities newsletter, and website environmental issues and other communications-related tasks
You thrive in an environment of rapid change, moving targets, limited resources and high intensity. You are highly flexible and able to work independently and autonomously, while maintaining a team-oriented attitude.
- 1 to 2 years of relevant work experience in policy and or project implementation
- a Masters degree or equivalent
- good understanding of the EU institutional framework
- good analytical and organisational skills
- very good organisational and coordination skills
- good oral and written communications skills in English
- good interpersonal skills for an international environment
- Experience in working in EU project or policy is beneficial
- Good knowledge and experience in the fields of energy, climate change and environment,
- Experience in events management
- a full-time position, either as:
- employee, under Belgian legislation. The selected candidate will need to either live in Belgium or be willing to move to Belgium for the duration of the contract (candidates need to provide a Belgian address). Or
- a one year contract, starting as soon as possible, potentially renewable
- salary according to profile and experience
Meal vouchers, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance, public transport costs, 13th month, éco-chèques
Some other benefit examples are :
- training opportunities and access to on-line training
- a dynamic international team
- a pleasant working environment
- flexible working and relaxed dress code
- part-time teleworking.
Eurocities recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation, explicitly describing point by point their relevant experience and linking it to the requirements for the position, in one page maximum, together with a CV with at least two referees (including your current or last employer) by 12:00 on 22 October 2021 to: Patricia de Wouters, Head of HR, at email@example.com. Please send the documents in pdf format and mention ‘project support officer Envi’ in the subject line.
Interviews will be held on 4 and 5 November 2021.
For more information please open this link