The William Jefferson Clinton Scholarship at The American University in Dubai seeks to further the goals of the Clinton Foundation to strengthen the capacity of people in the United States and throughout the world to meet the challenges of global interdependence. In partnership with The American University in Dubai, the program will provide American students based in the US the opportunity to expand their educational and cultural horizons by studying in the Arab world. President Clinton gave public recognition to this during his keynote Address at AUD’s Fifth Commencement (June 2002) in which he cited the multi-cultural composition of AUD’s student body consisting of over one hundred nationalities, as a microcosm of Dubai’s multi-ethnicity. In this spirit, the Clinton Presidential Foundation and AUD have established this program to encourage others to experience this diversity.
The scholarship is open only to students who are U.S. Citizens. In order to be eligible for a scholarship, a student must currently be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate degree candidate at an accredited four-year college/university in the United States. It is expected that applicants will demonstrate exemplary academic achievement. Preference will be given to students who show interest in being exposed to the Middle Eastern and Islamic cultures for the first time.
Clinton Scholarship Recipients will receive:
• A full waiver of tuition for one semester (Fall or Spring);
• On-campus housing at The American University in Dubai on a shared-room basis.
Scholarship recipients must carry a full load of academic credit (12-16 hours) during each semester of study. If scholarship awardees fail to remain in good academic standing as defined by AUD’s academic standards or fail to adhere to the AUD code of conduct, program participation will be terminated. Board, texts, transportation and extracurricular activities are the financial responsibility of the student.
In order to be awarded the Clinton Scholarship, scholarship recipients must apply and be admitted to AUD as a visiting student. All the scholarship recipients will be required to contribute to the program by generating materials including but not limited to journals. social media posts and service as a mentor for future scholarship recipients to further support and promote the goals of the program.
Fall: June 1
Spring: November 1
To apply, a student must complete the application for The William Jefferson Clinton Scholarship at The American University in Dubai and successfully submit the following documents along with the application form online. Before you begin your application, please make sure you have all the required documents to upload. An email notification will be sent to the reference upon the submission of the application to request a letter of recommendation. The contact information of the reference is required for the application.
- Complete the Clinton Scholarship Application Form online;
- Passport photocopy with validity page;
- A personal statement (500 words minimum) addressing the qualities that distinguish the applicant for The William Jefferson Clinton Scholars Program at AUD;
- A copy of the applicant’s current undergraduate official transcript showing that the applicant
• is in good academic standing [i.e., 3.0 GPA or equivalent] at the institution from which he or she is applying; and,
• has completed or is completing one full year of study as a fulltime student at a four-year accredited U.S. college or university;
- A résumé or CV indicating work and/or leadership experience; and,
- One letter of recommendation. (To be submitted by reference before the application deadline.)
AUD will begin reviewing all submissions after the deadline closes (Fall – June 1; Spring – November 1). If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information please open this link