Interdisciplinary education is at the heart of the Hertie School’s teaching. Engineering and the hard sciences have a significant role to play in informing good governance and decision-making around the world. The New Perspectives Scholarship is aimed at students with an undergraduate degree in the natural sciences or engineering who wish to combine their previous training with the tools and knowledge necessary for effective policymaking in all sectors or careers in the international arena.
- Available for the Master of Public Policy, Master of International Affairs or Master of Data Science for Public Policy
- Open to applicants of all nationalities
- One full scholarship worth 34,500 euros
Who is it for?
All applicants motivated to pair their background in science or engineering with training in public policy or international affairs in order to effect positive change in any sector.
How to apply
- First, submit a standard application to the MPP, MIA or MDS programme.
- Additionally, write a brief letter of motivation, create a photo essay or make a short video elaborating on the following: Please identify a specific social or political problem that you would like to solve and explain how a degree in public policy or international affairs, together with your prior education and professional experience, would help you to do so.
The additional motivation material should be sent to grad-admissions[at]hertie-school[dot]org after a standard application has been submitted.
Interested applicants should submit their applications and motivation statements before 1 February. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For more information please open this link