Office for Students Funded Scholarship for MSc in Applied Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics
Prospective PG students (inc. current UG): available
Current PG students: not available
Entry year: 2020/21
Undergraduate: not available
Postgraduate taught: available
Postgraduate research: not available
15 scholarships available
Application deadline: 15 July 2020
About the scholarship
Scholarships are available under the Challenge Grant programme launched by the Office for Students (OfS), the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS), and the Office for Artificial Intelligence to develop innovative postgraduate conversion courses specialising in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Data Science (DS). Scholarship funding is only intended for those underrepresented students listed in the eligibility criteria below.
In addition to having either an unconditional or conditional offer for a place on the University’s MSc in Applied Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics course (with placement), starting in September 2020 or January 2021, applicants will need to demonstrate that they are categorised under one of the 9 underrepresented groups as identified by the OfS. Please study this list carefully. Home students may apply against any of the 9 criteria; however, international students may only apply against criteria: 1, 2, 3, 8, 9
(1) Black students
(2) Disabled students
(3) Female students
(4) Care leavers
(5) Polar Q1 and Q2 students
(6) Refugees given the sanctuary status of the university
(7) Estranged students
(8) Gypsy, Roma, Traveller students
(9) Children from military families, veterans and partners of military personnel.
Prioritising criteria in case of oversubscription
- Students with 2 or more underrepresented group characteristics.
- Care leavers based on the rationale that they are the most underrepresented group within University of Bradford and underrepresented in highly skilled employment.
- Black students based on the rationale that they are the 2nd most underrepresented group within University of Bradford and underrepresented in highly skilled employment.
- Disabled students based on the rationale that they are the 3rd most underrepresented group within University of Bradford and underrepresented in highly skilled employment.
- Female students based on the rationale that they are underrepresented in the digital sector although not underrepresented within the student body at University of Bradford.
MSc in Applied Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics
Please note, you must have either a conditional or unconditional offer on the MSc in Applied Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics of a place to apply for this scholarship.
Students from all countries, who meet the criteria, are eligible.
Payment amount & frequency
Successful applicants will receive £10,000 over the course of the academic year. Payment dates to be confirmed.
How to apply
All applications are electronic – forms can be completed by clicking on the below link:
Closing date: 15 July 2020.
Find out more
- Please note that this is a competitive process and not all applications will be successful. There is no appeals process if you are not successful as the panel’s decision is final; also, please note that we will not be able to offer feedback. You are welcome to reapply next intake if you are unsuccessful.
- Following initial assessment, the University will contact you within 2 weeks from the date of your scholarship application to let you know whether or not your scholarship application will progress to the next stage of the selection process.
- If your application is taken forward, you may be invited to an interview by an academic member of staff to discuss the information you have provided in your application.
- If you are successful in being offered a Scholarship, you will be notified soon after the assessment. For September 2020 intake, notifications will be sent before the end of July 2020. For January 2021 intake – to be decided.
- For students awarded OfS Scholarships, the 3-month paid industry placement is compulsory.
For further information on any aspect of completing your application, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE OPEN THIS LINK