The deadline to submit your application varies by program
- Location: Thailand
- Host University: Asian Institute of Science and Technology
- Degree Level: Masters, Doctoral
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
Deadlines for 2021
The AIT academic year consists of two semesters: January and August. The deadlines of applications for admissions and financial aid (Scholarships) are as follows:
January Semester Intake
• Application is open
March Term Intake (only for School of Management)
June Term Intake (only for School of Management)
August Semester Intake
• 28 February is the deadline for HM King’s and Queen’s, and GMS scholarships
• 31 March is the deadline for other Scholarships (i.e. ADB-JSP, Kurita, Bangchak: Master and Doctoral and others.
• 10 June is the deadline for AIT Scholarships including RTG Fellowships.
• 30 June is the deadline for overseas applicants, requiring educational visa
• 25 July is for other applicants
October Term Intake (only for School of Management)
All applicants are requested to have Personal or Ordinary Passport (not the Official Passport or Diplomat Passport) when applying for “Educational Visa (ED)” from Thailand Embassy in your home country to study at AIT.
For applicants who require early offer of admission or those with visa and passport restrictions*, their applications must be submitted to AIT at least 3 months before the above deadlines.*In case of incoming students from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Mongolia, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Middle and Central Asia Countries, and some African countries, the visa authorization letter will be issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) of Thailand, not by AIT, and dispatched to the respective Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate via diplomatic channel. The visa authorization will normally be approved 2-3 weeks after issuance of the Certificate of Admission.
This page provides you the information about the different scholarships that are offered by AIT. Once you complete the online AIT Admission form, you will be automatically considered for all the scholarships for which you are eligible by indicating your preference in ‘Section E: Financial Support’ in the application. It is therefore only necessary to complete the application form once, regardless of which scholarship you would like to be considered for. Since different deadlines apply for different scholarships, you must complete and submit the Admission Form by the particular deadline(s) to be considered for financial support.
- Royal Thai Government Scholarships
- Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP)
- Japan Government scholarship for 1-year Master’s Degree Program in Marine Plastic Abatement (MPA), School of Environment, Resources and Development (SERD), AIT
- Bangchak Scholarships
- WE Consultant Scholarships
- Thai Pipe Scholarships
- AIT-UNESCO-IHE programme: Joint Master’s in Urban Water Engineering and Management (UWEM)
- Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
- Japanese Government Scholarships
- Kurita Scholarships
- BRIDGEX Scholarship for Structural Engineering
- INDEX International Group Co. Ltd. Scholarships with job offer
- China Scholarship Council
- Scholarship in Gender and Development Studies for Japanese Nationals
- Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System for Africa and Asia (RIMES) Scholarship
- AIT-BNU-Thai Pipe PhD Scholarship
- Prof. Emeritus Madan Mohan Das Memorial Scholarship
- AITAA Bangladesh Chapter Scholarship
- AITAA Vietnam Chapter Scholarship
- Thai Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd Scholarship
- SEC’88 Scholarship
- Computer and Structures, Inc. Scholarship
- ACIAR Scholarship for January 2021 Enrollment
- DAAD Scholarship
- Degree Certificate (For a final year student, a degree certificate must be submitted upon enrollment)
- Transcript (For a final year student, a transcript with 7-semester cGPA can be submitted in the online application system. However, a complete transcript must be submitted upon enrollment)
- Two Letters of Recommendation (For doctoral applicants only);
- English Proficiency Requirement: AIT-EET:6 or IELTS-Academic:6 (writing 6) or TOEFL Paper: 550 (writing 59-61) or TOELF CBT: 213 (writing 25-26): TOEFL IBT: 80 (writing 21-23)
- An essay on your proposed research topic (For doctoral applicants only).
AIT Scholarships / Fellowships
AIT scholarships are awarded to selected applicants depending on their qualifications and merit, and is very competitive. They cover a part (or full) of the credit fees (tuition) only. Applicants should find other sources to pay for registration fees, accommodation fees or living expenses.
For more information please open this link