JOB TITLE: HR Officer
CONTRACT TYPE: Part time, 1-year fixed contract, renewable
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 31 January 2022
Bruegel is recruiting a Human Resources Officer. The tasks and responsibilities include (but are not limited to): payroll management, recruitment and selection, HR administration of incoming and outgoing staff, ensuring employees’ engagement, wellbeing, health & safety while enabling a pleasant working environment. (S)he will work closely with the HR assistant under the guidance of the director.
Bruegel is the European think tank specialising in economics. Established in 2005, it is independent and non-doctrinal. Bruegel’s mission is to improve the quality of economic policy with open and fact-based research, analysis and debate. We are committed to impartiality, openness and excellence. Bruegel’s membership includes EU Member State governments, international corporations and institutions. Through publications, events, social media, and a lively blog, Bruegel has carved a unique discussion space for everyone interested in improving the quality of economic policy. Through a dual focus on analysis and impact, and dynamic relationships with policymakers at every governance level, it has established itself as a vibrant laboratory for economic policies.
MAIN RESPOSIBILITIES OF THE HR OFFICER
- The HR Officer is the contact person for the management and employees of Bruegel for all questions regarding social legislation, working conditions, HR policy etc.;
- Manage the full recruitment and selection process: drawing job descriptions, sourcing candidates, CV screening and selection, interviewing and testing, reporting to the management;
- Maintaining office work regulations and ensuring their applicability, drafting & updating contracts, agreements and addendums;
- Manage Payroll and follow-up on time registrations (absences, sickness, working hours, etc.,) & execute the payroll in collaboration with our payroll provider;
- Manage health & safety insurance and company pension arrangements;
- Administer the complete employment cycle, from hiring to exit and play an active role in the performance evaluation;
- Assist and advise management on pay and other remuneration issues and identify opportunities for improvement in managing their staff.
- The HR Officer promotes equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation;
Candidates for this role will have a proven experience of at least 5 years within the HR role in a similar organisation, and a strong knowledge, competences and skills in HR, ideally in a Belgian context.
- A university degree in HR Management, Organisational Psychology, Business Administration or related;
- Strong knowledge of the Belgian social legislation applicable to the non-for-profit sector;
- Outstanding planning, organisation, analytical and decision-making skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French OR Dutch;
- Result driven, pro-active with a dynamic personality;
- Strong integrity and approachability;
- High professional standards, tactful and discrete when dealing with the confidential matters.
The position is part-time and the number of working hours can be negotiated.
If you have what it takes, please submit your application to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject line: “HR Officer_Applicant’s Name_ , ideally before the 31th of January 2022.
Your application must include the CV and the cover letter in English. Only complete applications will be considered and we will start reviewing applications as of 31st of January.
Due the high number of applications we usually receive, unfortunately, we will not be able to reply to all applicants, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Bruegel is committed to ensure equal opportunities and treatment for all, by ensuring that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, gender, marital status, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, disability or chronic illness.
For more information please open this link