The selected trainee will assist the Communications Manager with the implementation of the communication action plans and campaigns. S/he will also provide support on creating visuals for social media, reports, and others. In addition, the trainee will assist with the newsletter, webpage management and analytics.
Profile of the candidate
- Recent graduate or in final stages of their studies in Communication Science, Public Relations, Journalism, Political or International sciences or other related field;
- Valid work permit for Belgium;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Hands-on and analytical, organized, detail-oriented and accurate;
- Proven experience with WordPress;
- Familiar, or willing to get familiar, with collecting and analysing social media and website statistics;
- Experience in creating written and visual content is an advantage;
- Knowledge of Canva or another graphic design tool is an advantage;
- Knowledge and understanding of the workings of the EU and its policies. A good understanding of EaP region is an asset;
- Perfect command of English with proven drafting ability. A good knowledge of Russian is an asset;
- Flexibility to perform a wide variety of tasks in a small office;
- Assist in implementation of communication action plans for EaP CSF campaigns and activities;
- Assist on visual design;
- Manage social media networks of the Forum (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn);
- Monitor (EU+EaP) media and manage statistics;
- Draft and edit articles for the web-page, reports, minutes etc. for broader audience;
- Assist with newsletter;
- Technical web-page management;
- Contribute to meetings, reports, and communication strategies;
- Manage database and mailing lists.
What we offer
- Remuneration according to a CIP (‘professional immersion contract’), which will provide the successful candidate with an income of 812,90 EUR per month (plus a home-working allowance of 98,95 EUR per month during the official lockdown period in Belgium);
- Working experience in Brussels in a young and dynamic team;
- Access to European and EaP networks;
- Possibility to work independently and acquire new skills.
Interested candidates should submit:
- CV in English (max. 2 pages) titled “CV_First name Last name”
- Motivation letter in English (max. 1 page and a half) titled “Motivation letter_ First name Last name”
- Optional: track record of relevant working experience (i.e. report including samples of data analysis and data visualisation examples or webpage/blog management etc.) and/or recommendation letters from former employers
The applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference: “Communications Traineeship” by latest 8 August 2021.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates selected for the interview will be contacted. The interviews will be conducted via Zoom.
Even with the possibility of working from home for most part of the traineeship (pending COVID-19 measures), the traineeship is considered as based in Brussels and the candidates must have a work-permit and must be legally entitled to work in Belgium throughout the whole period of their traineeship.
For more information please open this link