Do you want to shape a sustainable future?
We are Hydro, a global family of 30,000 people, present in a broad range of market segments for aluminium and metal recycling, and energy and renewables, offering a unique wealth of knowledge and competence.
We have a proud history and are committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future by developing natural resources into innovative products and solutions. In doing so, we truly believe that our people matter the most to make the difference.
EU Affairs Manager
Corporate Center in Hydro is mainly located at Vækerø and has around 260 employees within the areas of Finance, People & Safety, Legal and Compliance, Communication & Public Affairs and Corporate Development.
Hydro is looking to recruit an EU Affairs Manager to join its Communications & Public Affairs team in Brussels. The role will primarily focus on energy and climate policies and will report to the Head of EU Affairs. This full-time position will be available as of January 1, 2022.
Areas of Responsibility
- Monitoring EU policy developments, assessing their impact on Hydro’s activities and disseminating information internally.
- Supporting Hydro’s business areas in the analysis of relevant issues and in the definition of the company’s position.
- Developing and implementing public affairs strategies, in coordination with colleagues internally.
- Managing Hydro’s advocacy activities towards EU decision-makers, member states and other key stakeholders.
- Representing Hydro in industry associations to support them in promoting EU policies reflecting the company’s position.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders to position Hydro as a contributor to the EU Green Deal, providing solutions to EU opportunities and challenges.
- University degree (political science, international affairs law or economics)
- 5-10 years professional experience in EU public affairs (EU institutions, associations, consultancy or other related work).
- Detailed knowledge of EU regulatory and legislative processes
- Existing relationships in EU institutions and network in Brussels
- Experience in climate and energy policies, a plus
- Experience of industry sector, a plus
- Ability to present information in a clear, concise and accessible way.
- Ability to translate technical messaging into compelling policy recommendations.
- Proven ability to implement policy engagement strategies to influence policy positions by developing and cultivating partnerships.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills and the ability to influence others through these.
- Strong project management skills and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to go into details.
- Ability to work well independently and in small teams.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- Fluency in English, both written and oral, and at least one other European language
Interviews will take place in Brussels on Nov-29 – Dec 1, 2021. Only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
Apply before: 24.11.2021
If you have any questions, please contact:
Roennaug Saegrov Mysterud
Phone: (Norway +47) 48197126
Bruxelles, BE, 1000