EERA Secretariat in Brussels, Belgium
OPERATIONS AND COMMUNICATION MANAGER JOINT PROGRAMME WIND ENERGY
EERA is looking for a Secretariat Coordinator to independently support and manage the administration and operation of JP Wind – www.eerajpwind.eu. The selected candidate will work independently at the EERA AISBL headquarters in Brussels, supporting the EERA JP Wind Management Board. The primary responsibility will be to support the JP Wind Management Board in running the joint programme on wind energy.
Please send your CV and motivation letter (in pdf format) to Ivan Matejak: firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning “Operations and Communication Manager Joint Programme Wind Energy” before January 10th 2022. For questions to the JP Wind coordinator, please contact Peter Eecen: email@example.com.
Full position description available here.
DESCRIPTION OF THE MISSION
The European Energy Research Alliance (EERA) AISBL is the largest low carbon energy research
community in Europe and worldwide. EERA brings together more than 250 organisations from 30
countries, and its key role is the coordination of public R&D on the energy transition in Europe, in
close cooperation with the European Commission. EERA is the official research pillar of the EU
Strategic Energy Technology Plan (SET Plan). In full alignment with the EU 2050 Climate objective,
the mission of EERA is to “catalyse European energy research to achieve a climate-neutral society by
EERA currently runs 18 Joint research Programmes (JPs), which altogether cover the full research
spectrum on low carbon energy technologies and systems, as well as on policy and social aspects of
the clean energy transition. The Joint Programme on Wind Energy (JP Wind) has grown from 13
partners to more than 50 partners, representing the largest research groups on wind energy in Europe.
EERA is looking for a Secretariat Coordinator to independently support and manage the administration
and operation of JP Wind – www.eerajpwind.eu.
She/he will work independently at the EERA AISBL headquarters in Brussels, supporting the EERA
JP Wind Management Board. The primary responsibility will be to support the JP Wind Management
Board in running the joint programme on wind energy.
Supporting the EERA JP Wind Management Board
• Advising and assisting the JP Wind members on the workings and priorities of EERA and
the JP Wind and the interaction with stakeholders such as the JP Wind Steering Committee
(SC), the JP Wind Management Board (MB) and the JP Wind General Assembly (GA).
• Supporting the JP Wind Management Board with interaction with the academy
(www.eawe.eu) and industry platform ETIPWind (www.etipwind.eu).
• Being a reliable, trustworthy, independent, self-driven and proactive support to the
Management Board in the organisation of its activities.
Administration and Support of JP Wind
• Taking responsibility for all operational tasks linked to the management of the JP Wind.
• Internal communication: Taking responsibility for the communication within JP Wind,
such as updating contact lists, SharePoint, meeting calendar, information sharing to all
• External communication: Taking responsibility for the design and update of the website
and social media.
• Creating content for internal and external communication – also collaborating with JP
• Assisting the JP Wind Managers with arranging meetings and workshops.
• Planning and drafting meeting agenda’s and meeting notes for SC and MB meetings.
• Setting up the programme for JP Wind General Assembly and JP Wind Conferences.
• Assisting with proceedings of scientific workshops.
• Monitoring European Research Programmes.
• Membership Administration: managing the relationship with member organisations,
including membership database and membership fee invoicing and collection.
• Other administrative work for the JP Wind in general.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Hold a university degree (Master Level or equivalent) preferably in a scientific, political,
or business field.
• Two years of relevant work experience related to office management, preferably in an
international / multi-cultural environment.
• Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the EU.
• Excellent and proven organisational and teamwork skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; knowledge of other European
languages is an asset.
• Quick learner.
• Proficient project management skills
• Understanding of European Institutions and research administrative matters.
• Empathy and willingness to work in a highly interactive team.
• Appetite for international/multi-cultural environments.
• Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and self-driven.
• Very organised with strong attention to detail and strong attention to communication to a
group of Managers distributed over Europe.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
• Tactful, diplomatic and non-judgmental, able to relate to people in all situations.
• Sense of humour.
• Highly Flexible.
TERMS OF THE CONTRACT
• Open ended contract (Contrat à durée indéterminée) under Belgian law.
• Starting date is February 2022.
• Work Location is 72, rue de Namur, 1000 Bruxelles.
• Competitive salary based upon experience.
Please send your CV and motivation letter (in pdf format) to Ivan Matejak: firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning “Operations and Communication Manager Joint Programme Wind Energy”
before January 10
th 2022. For questions to the JP Wind coordinator, please contact Peter
The motivation letter (1-page maximum) should highlight your reasons for applying and your
credentials for the position.
The selection of the candidate will be based upon the merit principle.