Job description: Communications Internship (5 months)
The European Network for Women in Leadership (WIL Europe) is a Europe-wide nonprofit organisation dedicated to the promotion and advancement of the professional and social interests of women in leadership positions and aspiring female leaders from different sectors across Europe.
Our mission is to connect, inspire and empower women to lead the way, by providing a space where they can meet and exchange, network, grow, and identify opportunities and ideas that are not readily available in their current social and professional environments.
Our activities are focused on international, local and online events, including with key political and business leaders; peer-to-peer networking; and our Women Talent Pool leadership programme for emerging female leaders.
One of the important ways in which we achieve our mission is by communicating what we do, with and for whom, to the outside world via our communications channels (website, monthly newsletter and social media channels). This is an area which we are committed to developing in the months to come with the help of our Intern.
As Communications Intern, you will be responsible for increasing the visibility of our organisation, and that of both our Members and Talents in our Women Talent Pool (WTP) leadership programme.
Working in a friendly international team, made up of the General Manager, Project Manager and Communications Intern, you will be responsible for the following activities:
• Content creation – preparing our monthly newsletter; creating communications materials such as brochures; video editing; producing engaging material for social media channels (text and images); preparing post-event reports.
• Social media management – managing and growing WIL’s presence on Twitter and LinkedIn; working with WIL’s Project Manager to develop our presence on Instagram via a recently-developed project aimed at empowering females aged 16-18..
• Interviews – organising, conducting and editing interviews with our Members and WTP Talents, including liaising with our team of volunteers
• Media monitoring – monitoring on relevant issues for the WIL network (female leadership, corporate social responsibility, digital transition, etc…)
• Communications strategy – contributing ideas to WIL’s overall communications strategy, including design ideas, website development and social media content, so that we can increase our visibility and have greater impact.
• Events support – assisting with the organisation of WIL events, including developing communications and outreach strategies; preparing reports and thank you emails.
This Internship is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about communicating their ideas to the outside world, and who would like to develop their communications expertise at the heart of a small, dynamic and meaningful organisation.
What you will get from us:
– Hands-on experience in communications, particularly social media management, and the chance to get your creative juices flowing.
– Direct interaction with female leaders and emerging leaders from different European countries, as well as other high-level policy makers, and the chance to enlarge your network.
– Increased knowledge and understanding of topics and issues covered in our events and workshops (recent examples include conferences on the Future of Trade and Technology and Inclusion, and workshops on Public Speaking and Developing Your Personal Brand).
– Experience in event organisation.
– The chance to leave your mark on a growing nonprofit and, in doing so, contribute to making the world more inclusive.
– Opportunities for flexible working.
– Is studying, or has studied, Communication, Public Affairs, or another relevant field.
– Creativity and the ability to come up with new ideas.
– Passion for communications and design.
– Experience in social media management.
– Experience with video editing.
– Knowledge and experience in web content-producing software, particularly Canva; experience in website design is an asset.
– Strong interpersonal and teamworking skills.
– Excellent command of English (written and spoken). Good knowledge of French is an asset.
– Commitment to gender equality and the professional advancement of women.
How to apply:
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a short communications task ahead of the interview.
Application Deadline: Tuesday 14 December 2021
Internship Duration: 5 months
Starting date: March 2022
Remuneration: Around 700 Euros month for a full-time (35h) internship
For more information please open this link