Public Policy Intern
time type-Full Time
Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
Would you like to work on European and international technology policy? Workday is opening an internship position in our EMEA Corporate Affairs team in Brussels.
The internship will provide an opportunity to get relevant experience on a range of technology policy issues, understand EU policy making processes and to engage with EU policy makers, industry and civil society representatives. This is a paid internship for a duration of minimum 6 months, and is set up under the Convention d’Immersion Professionelle.
About the Role
In this role you will be able to work on the following tasks, issues and projects.
- Monitoring European Union and Member State policy initiatives on artificial intelligence and machine learning, data protection and data transfers, cybersecurity, workforce and skills development, diversity, and sustainability.
- Reporting from industry association meetings, European Parliament committee meetings and hearings, and public events and conferences.
- Drafting notes, briefing documents and speaking points
- Creating content for social media platforms, notably Twitter and LinkedIn
- Scheduling and organising meetings with officials, industry representatives and other relevant stakeholders
- Managing and coordinating the team calendar
- Relevant academic background, such as law, political science, economics, international relations, or European studies
- Interest and understanding of developments in the technology sector, and in European and international politics
- Strong research and writing skills, and the ability to synthesise complex material
- Excellent written and spoken English, proficiency in other European languages is an advantage
- A positive and energetic attitude and interest in working as a member of a small, focused team
- A great sense of humour
- Permission to live and work in Belgium for the duration of the traineeship
Workday Internship Program
Your future starts today. At Workday, we believe that the next generation of talent is essential to our success, which is why we seek hard-working students with open minds, new perspectives and outstanding ideas to join our Internship & Co-Op Program. During either the 12-week internship or multi-month co-op experience, you’ll make an impact at Workday by engaging in meaningful work, all the while forging professional connections, and strengthening your skills in an encouraging environment. Plus, did we mention one of Workday’s core values is fun?
For more information please open this link