United States of America-Norfolk
Headquarters Supreme Allied Commander Transformation
Salary (Pay Basis)
: 9,421.48US Dollar (USD) Monthly
Are you a specialist in the field of innovation and capability solutions? If so, this position offers you a unique opportunity to support the NATO Alliance at its Capability Development Command.
ACT contributes to preserving the peace, security and territorial integrity of Alliance member states by leading, at Strategic Command level, Warfare Development required to enhance NATO’s posture, military structures, forces, capabilities and doctrines.
The Capability Development Directorate (CAPDEV) comprises two Divisions—Requirements and Capabilities. The Directorate supports SACT in his Capabilities Requirement Authority (CRA) role. It is responsible for a holistic through lifecycle Capability Development approach that infuses innovation and transformative efforts that are an integral part of the Warfare Development. This includes responsibilities for elicitation, development, capture and collection, quality review, traceability and visibility of capability requirements.
The Requirements Division executes requirements management for NATO capabilities. It develops capability requirements, provides traceability and quality assurance of capability requirements, performs gap analysis and supports interoperability and implementation options across the DOTMLPFI spectrum.
The Innovation Branch science and technological trends, and contributes to the development of innovative, cost-effective and interoperable capability solutions to current and anticipated capability shortfalls and priorities, thereby contributing to NATO’s military advantage against potential opponents.
The Section Head Innovation Hub manages and coordinates Innovation Hub Section to assure optimum utilization of assigned budged and staff. In its role Innovation Hub Section directs its staff and prioritizes tasks to directly support warfare development and capability engineering. The section two main levels of effort include Innovation Community Building and Maintenance, and Innovation Lab continuous operation resulting in development of Minimum Viable Products (MVP).
Reports to: – Branch Head (Innovation).
Principal Duties: His/her duties are:
- Leading, managing and coordinates Innovation Hub Section to assure optimum utilization of assigned budged and staff.
- Acting as responsible manager for the Innovation Branch and ACT of the Innovation Hub.
- Leading, Managing and Supervising the identification of potential innovative solutions to emerging security challenges of NATO interest and the innovative uses of existing and new technologies developed by the private and public sectors
- Managing a NATO innovation network. In this role, provide initial assessment on the merit/quality/relevance of the external actors in the innovation network.
- Keeping overview and supervise all Innovation Projects in the Innovation Hub. Ensure the format of such projects fill the needs of user in NATO and ensure the wide use of possible solutions from external Innovation hubs and labs. Schedule project resources and personal involved in the project. Keep overview about finances and budget of the projects.
- Promoting the Innovation Hub and related activities and events inside and outside ACT.
- Ensuring relevance and wide distribution of results of the projects and the Minimum Viable Products (MVP) meet the requirement of the users.
- Acting as Section Head of the Innovation Branch, executing tasks and duties as directed by the Innovation BH or his superiors with regards to the projects, activities, and outputs related to the Branch core tasks.
- When required, may act as Branch Head.
a. University Degree in International Relations, International Commerce, International Business or related discipline and 4 years post related experience.
b. Four years’ experience in leading interaction with Industry and Academia supporting efforts in the field of innovation and capability development.
c. Four years’ experience in project or program management in a leadership position.
English – SLP 3333 – (Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing)
a. Professional Experience
1. Work in multinational environment.
2. Experience in publishing strategic level papers/newsletters.
3. Experience in organizing high level professional events.
1. Project management course
2. NATO Staff Officer Orientation Course provided by NATO – School Oberammergau (NSO)
• Professional Contacts: As the lead of the Innovation Hub, the incumbent needs to develop trust and maintain working relationships with many senior representatives of NATO, governments, Industry and of Academia. These working relationships include but are not limited to: NATO Bodies (STO, CSO, CMRE, NIAG, NCIA), major industrial companies and small/medium enterprises’ Chief Executive Officers and Chief Technical Officers, and up to OF-9 rank military.
• Contribution To Objectives: The incumbent provides advice in innovative methods to the HQ SACT chain of command that supports the development of policy, capabilities, and common-funded procurement in support of defense planning, training and education. He/she has a strong influence on the decisions and solutions identified by the Strategic Commands, which, in turn, lead to financial decisions on software, hardware and contractor support commitments. His/her advice and actions have a major influence on NATO capability development and transformation. This post will ensure that the most effective use of the Innovation Hub is made in the development and transformation of Alliance capabilities.
• Supervisory Responsibilities: Manages Project Teams which may include military, civilian staff and contractors, including external members from NATO Agencies and Allies Innovation Centers and Industry. Depending on the project the incumbent may be required to direct and supervise the work assignments and priorities of permanent or ad hoc teams within the innovation hub.
There are first line reporting responsibilities for the following numbers of staff: 5× OF-3; 4× A2/G15; 1× B4/G10
The successful applicant will be required to apply for and receive a NATO Secret Security Clearance prior to final confirmation of contract and commencement of employment.
He/she will be required to work in a normal office environment.
Serving NATO International Civilian staff will be offered a contract in accordance with the NATO Civilian Personnel Regulations. Newly recruited staff will be offered a three year definite duration contract.
Notes for Candidates
The HQ SACT web site gives details on the eligibility criteria and application processes to be adopted by all candidates.
The candidature of NATO redundant staff at grade A-3/NG 17 will be considered with priority.
Notes for NATO Civilian Human Resources Managers
If you have qualified redundant staff at grade A-3/NG 17, please advise the HQ SACT Civilian HR Manager no later than the closing date.
For any queries, please contact the HQ SACT Recruitment Team at email@example.com
For more information please open this link