European Students’ Union is looking for an experienced and committed individual to be our next Project Officer.
Starting date: 1st September 2021.
Duration: One-year fixed term contract, with possibility of extension. Employment contract under Belgian employment law with a benefits package.
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience, plus legal benefits (transport, meal vouchers, etc.)
To report the Project Manager and the Head of Secretariat, the new Project Officer will:
● Contribute to new project proposals preparation;
● Coordinate and monitor the implementation of the projects under Erasmus+, CoE EYF, OSF and other funding streams;
● Handle the logistics and all procedures of the projects;
● Support and understanding on project’s budget and financial reporting;
● Coordinate and organise meetings, conferences, trainings and other project-related events, and prepare the necessary materials, including concept notes, reports, presentations, agendas and minutes;
● Acts as a liaison between project coordinators and other people involved in the projects;
● Contribute to the dissemination efforts, for example by identifying relevant practices and drafting web articles;
● Regular reporting and communication with the donor institution(s) and/or managing authority;
Profile: a person who is full of initiative, self-driven, curious, creative, flexible and results-oriented.
● University degree or equivalent in the field administration, management, law, international relations, economics, or social sciences;
● 2 to 3 years of relevant professional experience in EU Programmes and Projects:
● very good networking and interpersonal skills for an international environment;
● experience of stakeholder engagement;
● very good organisational and communication skills;
● experience in event management, learning and training activities;
● full proficiency in English, spoken and written;
● a good command of French.
● other languages;
● understanding of the functioning of the EU institutions, EU’s political priorities and main policies;
● understanding of EU Programmes, specially related to higher education, sustainability, equality, digital, green and just transformation.
● Strong ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team;
● Excellent organisational and time-management skills, and the ability to prioritise work and respect deadlines;
● Good ICT skills (MS Office, MS project, Google Drive, etc.);
● A valid work permit of one of the EU countries.
ESU is committed to equality of opportunity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, religion, or ethnicity.
If you are interested, please send your CV and motivation letter to:
Deadline for applications: 22nd Aug 2021 23:59pm
For more information please open this link