|Enrolment status||New students|
|Student type||Domestic students, International students|
|Level of study||Undergraduate|
|Study area||Engineering and Computing|
|Number awarded||The Head will determine the number of scholarships awarded in any year.|
|Opening date||15 July 2021|
|Closing date||7 February 2022|
The purpose of the Scholarships is to encourage and assist first year students studying in the areas of engineering and computer science.
An applicant is eligible for the Scholarship, if –
The applicant submits an application for the Scholarship to the Head, by the closing date for applications; and
- is either –
(i) a domestic student in accordance with The University’s Fee Policy; or
(ii) an international student who has completed Years 11 and 12 in Australia; and
- in the two years immediately before the award, the applicant completed Year 12 (or overseas equivalent); and
- the applicant enrols in a Relevant Program and, where applicable, in one of the Relevant Fields, in the year of the award, or after an approved deferment of one year; and
- the applicant does not hold a scholarship that the Head deems similar.
Before you get started
If this scholarship has rules, download and read them.
How to apply
Please submit an on-line application by the due date.
For the selection process, the Head must establish a selection commitee, comprising –
- the Head or nominee, as chair of the committee; and
- at least one member of the Univeristy’s academic staff who is currently teaching in one of the Approved Programs.
The Scholarship is awarded to the applicant showing the greatest merit as demonstrated by –
- academic achievement in secondary school studies; and
- an interest in studying engineering or computer science, as evidenced by a cover letter, short personal statement and a resume; and
- personal qualities, including leadership skills and extra-curricular activities; and
- any other matter that the selection committee considers to be relevant to the applicant’s future success in the engineering or computer science profession.
Terms and conditions
A recipient may hold the Scholarship for one year, subject to the recipient –
- continuing to be enrolled full-time in an Approved Program; and
- enrolling in courses approved by the Head; and
- achieving a GPA of at least 5 for their first semester of study.
If a recipient fails to satisfy rule 6(1), the student must show cause to the Head why the Scholarship should not be cancelled.
The Scholarship may not be deferred or interrupted.
Approved Program means any of the following programs at The University of Queensland –
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) / Master of Engineering
- Bachelor of Computer Science
and includes a dual program which includes any of the above programs.
Head means the Head of School, School of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering.
Relevant Field means any of the following disciplines in the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) programs –
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering
- Software Engineering
Scholarship means the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Scholarships.
For more information please open this link