NOTE: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all UX Design Intern roles at all locations we hire for in the United States including but not limited to: Seattle, WA; Bellevue, WA; Bay Area, CA.
Design at Amazon has been growing steadily in reach and impact—from devices to fashion, delivery logistics to search and streaming video, from voice and sound to physical retail, and more—all while creating and cultivating experiences that touch Amazon customers everywhere, every day. Amazon design teams include every flavor of UI, UX, visual, motion, illustration, brand, and marketing design roles—as well as design technologists, researchers, writers, and more. Check out Amazon.design, and come build the future with us.
As a UX Design Intern, you will collaborate with a team that defines and designs user interfaces, systems, and interaction, visual, motion, and voice design patterns.
· Design thoughtful, beautiful, and useful software user interfaces and experiences in a team environment.
· Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings.
· Use business requirements, user and market research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements.
· Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, click-throughs, and prototypes.
· Work with stakeholders to plan projects for effective delivery while maintaining high standards for design.
· Be a passionate and effective advocate for design with non-design audiences.
· Six month internship and/or project experience in design
· Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, human-centered interaction, design, statistics, psychology, or a related field with a minimum of one quarter or semester of school to complete after your internship
· Experience working in a collaborative team environment to deliver high-quality design solutions
· Experience in a variety of design, wire-framing, and prototyping tools
· Experience with consumer brand experience design and a understanding of storytelling
· Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides
· Additional design skills in related fields, including film-making, motion design, and prototyping
· Experience in designing interactions for voice led devices
· Experience in designing cross platform experiences
· Ability to extract complex concepts and quickly turn around rigorous flows and mock-ups reflecting a range of options
· Ability to proficiently present design solutions to stakeholders in design, product management, and engineering
· Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently
· Able to use best practices for mobile and web-based information architecture and design, as well as knowledge of usability principles and techniques
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
· A portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g., study plans, reports, personas)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For more information please open this link