A number of fully funded scholarships are available for any area of study within the doctoral programme.
|Deadline||23:59, 24 February 2021|
|Value||Full tuition fees (UK or Overseas) with annual stipend (anticipated to be approximately £15,590)|
|Contact||Email Email Scholarship Support Team|
In order to attract the best and brightest PhD students, the University seeks to offer not only unparalleled research facilities and superb supervision, but also to provide development opportunities which will support our research students as they progress beyond their PhD through an exciting scholarship scheme.
This scholarship, a collaboration between the University’s Doctoral College and the Business School, will include a package of training and development which will help the awardee develop the necessary skills required to meet their career choices and offer them a breadth of development opportunities in areas such as teaching, public engagement, entrepreneurship, data science, and research.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Programme: All candidates must hold a conditional or unconditional offer onto one of our Doctoral programmes (PhD in Accounting, PhD in Finance or PhD in Management, including the Professional Pathway) and expect to join in September 2021. While you can be awaiting an application outcome when applying for this scholarship only those with an offer can be considered. Therefore, please ensure all necessary documents have been uploaded to your programme application before the scholarship deadline.
- Academic Standing: This normally requires a minimum qualification (or expected qualification if you are a current Master’s student) of above-average academic achievement, typically 65% or above overall at the Master’s level, with a distinction-level dissertation.
- English Competency: You must meet the English requirements for the PhD in Management, PhD in Accounting, or PhD in Finance. The most commonly approved certificate is an IELTS, for which the minimum accepted score is 7.0 overall with at least 6.0 in each section.
Please note that we will not generally consider candidates who have already obtained a PhD or equivalent qualification.
Other factors such as financial status and nationality are not taken into account. We aim to attract the greatest diversity of applications to this scheme and will ensure that recruitment processes are robust and unbiased so that traditionally underrepresented groups, including those from a minority background, and those from the most deprived communities in Scotland and the rest of the world are treated fairly.
Full tuition fees (UK or Overseas level) with an annual stipend equal to the UKRI minimum rate for the relevant academic year of study, anticipated to be approximately £15,590 per year.
Subject to satisfactory progress, the scholarship is offered for 3 and a half years (or pro-rata for part time).
How to Apply
To be considered, candidates must submit both a programme application and a scholarship application using the University’s online application system. To access the scholarship application you must first complete your programme application.
Eligible applicants will be ranked by a selection panel comprising of the Programme Directors and representatives of each of the Business School research areas.
Applications are ranked considering a number of criteria, most importantly:
- The academic background of the candidates, including their achievements so far
- Recommendations from your reference letters
- The potential of the candidates’ doctoral research proposal
Scholarship awards are subject to candidates successfully securing admission and joining the PhD in Management, Accounting, or Finance in September 2021.
Award Announcement Date
Candidates will be notified of the outcome of thei application in April 2021.
Please be aware that we also hold a reserve list. In the event that a successful candidate later declines their award, the award will be offered to the top candidate on the reserve list. Candidates will be notified if they are listed as a reserve candidate.
Postgraduate Research Support and Development Officer
University of Edinburgh Business School
29 Buccleuch Place
For more information please open this link