Business journalists from across Africa are invited to submit, within the next three months, entries for the 6th edition of the Pan African Re/Insurance Journalism Awards.
Similar to past editions, the 2021 Awards are open to all business journalists from anglophone and francophone countries. Interested candidates should submit their entries between October 1st and December 31st, 2020 via the following link.
Now in its sixth year, the Journalism Awards target business journalists from Anglophone and Francophone countries in Africa and aims to recognize and acknowledge the good work of media on the continent.
Sponsored by Continental Reinsurance, the Pan-African Re/Insurance Journalism Awards recognise the outstanding work of journalists on re/insurance from across the continent. Successful candidates have to demonstrate how their articles have raised awareness and understanding of the re/insurance sector in Africa.
The awards are an extension of Continental Reinsurance’s continued commitment to the advancement of excellence in the industry. The Pan-African Re/Insurance Awards were launched in April 2015.
- Submission can be either a published article – print, online or broadcast (radio/television clip) in English or French.
- Only 1 article can be entered for each category.
- Entrants must be journalists based in any African country (Anglophone/Francophone).
- The review period of the entries is 12 months leading up to the submission deadline date.
- Articles should have been published between December 1st 2019 – December 31st, 2020.
Guidelines for Award Recipients
- Award recipients are recognized at the Awards Ceremony to be held alongside the CEO Summit event and will receive a complimentary invitation to the event. The cost of travel and hotel accommodation will be borne by Continental Re.
- The names and photos of the award recipients and the awards that they have won will be published in Continental Re’s literature and online channels to celebrate the achievements of the award winners.
- Recipients may use their award titles for their own professional development.
For more information please open this link