The IYF Representative role is pivotal to the success of the International Youth Federation in reaching the goals in each of the countries it serves. The Representative builds, leads and strategically positions the IYF Country Team in support of national youth priorities, in line with the Sustainable Development Goals.
The Representative develops strategic initiatives to translate the IYF strategic vision in the country context, focusing on the key areas of the IYF: capacity building, innovation, and civic engagement.
A prerequisite for determining the suitability of candidates for the Representative positions is to undergo assessment through the IYF Leadership Assessment Center (LAC). In addition to the qualifications outlined in the Representative job description, applicants for the Leaders Assessment Center (LAC) must fulfill the following criteria:
- Have demonstrated experience in youth sector, community service, voluntary-based organizations or other related fields.
- Only candidates of 18-38 years of age will be considered for this position.
- Be a citizen of the assigned country.
- Be available for at least one term of service (3-Years), after the assessment has been undertaken.
- Candidates who shall leave their home territory for a period of more than 3 months cannot be considered for the position.
- Have good command of English.
- The candidates that progress to the final stage of the LAC Assessment (competency-based interview) will be asked to present an endorsement letter from the country’s entity or individual in support of their application.
What I will be doing as a Representative?
Click on this link function below to read the full job description of the IYF Representative.
What I will get?
There many benefits and experiences you can get out of your work with the IYF. For more information please visit Member Benefits page.
For more information please open this link