Got a great business idea?
The Young Entrepreneurs Challenge brought to you by Unloc and Verizon is an online entrepreneurship competition looking for people aged 16 to 25, with fresh and innovative technology-led business ideas. We are reaching out to a Pan-European audience in our search for a great new start-up business. You could win a £10,000 / €11,000* grant, a mentorship package and pro-bono support to accelerate your business idea.
To enter the Challenge, all you need to do is submit a 60-second pitch video on the competition website. Five finalists are selected for the Grand Final based on the key competition criteria; viability, technology innovation and sustainability. One overall winner, selected by a panel of esteemed industry experts, will walk away with a £10,000 / €11,000* grant, whilst each finalist will also receive a £1,000/€1,100 cash injection.
Applicants will compete to win the overall prize at the grand final:
- £10,000/€11,000* of funding for their start-up business
- A mentorship package to accelerate their idea
- Finalist runners up will receive £1,000 of funding for their start-up business
Applications will be judged on three key factors:
- Technology innovation
*The actual prize fund will be dependent on the exchange rate at time of award
1st October – Online competition launch
22nd January – Online competition deadline
1st February – Finalists announced
February – Grand Final
- Can the plan achieve what it states it will do?
- Does it operate within the budget/resources currently held or will Acquire?
- Is the idea investment-ready? How will you use the funding if successful?
Will the venture:
- Improve people’s lives in some way?
- Meet social or community needs in a new way?
- Does it meet or sustain a UN SDG in some way?
For more information please open this link