Do you want to take your businesses to a new level and develop both as an entrepreneur and a leader? Become part of a strong network of women entrepreneurs in the Middle East and North Africa region through our leadership programme She Entrepreneurs.
Info:Women Entrepreneurs In The MENA Region
Available for Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Tunisia
She Entrepreneurs is a leadership programme for highly motivated women entrepreneurs in the Middle East and North Africa region who are building successful and sustainable businesses with the potential to make a difference in their societies. In the past nine years that the programme has been running, many successful entrepreneurs received support that helped them expand.
She Entrepreneurs is a practical and hands-on leadership training based on real business experiences, collaborative learning and participant-centric design. The programme provides tangible tools, insights and connections for participants who want to grow their businesses and develop as entrepreneurs, as well as leaders.
The programme runs over six months with interactive online seminars and regular mentor support followed by one on-site meeting in Stockholm in October 2021.*
If you are ready to take your business to the next level and want to become part of a strong network of likeminded women who can support and inspire you on your journey – then She Entrepreneurs is the programme for you.
She Entrepreneurs will give you:
- The opportunity to plan and strategise for your business in an inspiring and collaborative learning environment.
- Regular support and input through sessions with expert mentors on an individual level as well as through group coaching.
- Increased self-awareness as a leader and deepened understanding of how to build effective and motivated teams, while also taking care of your own work-life balance and long-term wellbeing.
- Increased knowledge on topics such as business development, communication, business innovation, crisis management, growing through partnerships, finance and funding.
- New perspectives on responsible and sustainable business practices from a social and an environmental perspective, as well as tangible tools for measuring your value creation.
- A strong and active community of likeminded women.
*The on-site meeting will take place if the global pandemic situation allows, and of course with all necessary precautions.
Can I apply?
You are welcome to submit your application if you are a woman entrepreneur between the age of 22 and 45 (born 1975 – 1999) with a business that:
- is already operational and ready to expand;
- has the potential to develop a financially sustainable business model, generate a positive social impact, and contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals;
- is based in Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine or Tunisia.
In addition, you should:
- have a proficient command of both written and spoken English;
- be willing to pay it forward by contributing at least two hours of pro bono mentorship to a junior entrepreneur in your home country during the programme.
Please note that we are not able to make any exceptions to the eligibility requirements.
She Entrepreneurs runs for six months and consists of interactive online workshops, regular mentor support, and one on-site meeting in Sweden. The on-site meeting will be held for 10 days in Stockholm in October – if the global pandemic situation allows, and of course with all necessary precautions.
- Online training (22 April – 2 July 2021)
The training is set up with a highly practical approach that allows you to apply learnings and insights directly to your business. Every second week, online workshop are organized on different topics that help you grow your turnover and operations, build a resilient leadership and team, and increase your social or environmental contribution. The workshops are led by experienced entrepreneurs and trainers. Joint workshops and smaller learning groups give plenty of opportunities to meet other entrepreneurs in similar situations and to make new connections.
- The training kicks off with a one-hour introduction meeting on 13 April, followed by two half-day sessions 22–23 April. The five seminars that follow are typically held every second week during 1.5 – 2 hours on Friday mornings, plus 1 hour of individual preparations.
- Online mentorship (April–September)
At the start of the programme, you are matched with an individual mentor that will support you throughout the programme. You can also sign up for optional group mentoring sessions with thematic experts on topics that are requested among the participants.
- On-site meeting in Stockholm (11–20 October 2021) *
The on-site meeting will be held in the city of Stockholm – one of Europe’s leading hubs for entrepreneurs. The focus of the meeting will be to strengthen and expand the network. You will continue to build on your entrepreneurial and leadership skills through workshops, seminars and meetings with mentors, experts and representatives of the Stockholm entrepreneurial ecosystem. On the final day, you will present your business to an advisory board consisting of senior entrepreneurs and business advisors.
Costs covered and arranged by Swedish Institute
- Training and content
- Accommodation, food and domestic transport during the programme in Stockholm
- Flight tickets to and from on-site meeting in Stockholm
- Insurance covering acute illness and accident when in Sweden
- Visa expenses exceeding 500 SEK (approx USD 60)
Costs covered and arranged by you
- Domestic travel / airport transfer in your home country
- Visa expenses below 500 SEK (approx USD 60)
How to apply
Only applicants who have submitted a complete application will be considered for the programme. These are the steps in the application process:
- Download and fill out the She Entrepreneurs 2021 Application form (For an accessibility supported version of She Entreprenuers 2021 Application Form click here)
- Go to the application portal
- Upload the completed application form in English, including your contact details and the contact details of one reference person
- Upload an updated CV in English
- Upload a photo (not compulsory).
2. Evaluation of applications
The Swedish Institute appoints a selection committee consisting of senior entrepreneurs and field experts as well as staff from SI. Each application is evaluated by two different members of the selection committee.
Each application is evaluated according to the following criteria:
- The potential of the applicant’s business (to develop a financially sustainable business model and contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals)
- The applicant’s drive, motivation and commitment.
Out of all applicants, around 60 shortlisted candidates are called for interviews as a second step in the selection process. The interviews are conducted online.
Due to the large number of applications that we receive, we are unfortunately not able to send personal replies to all applicants.
SI contacts 30 selected applicants by email and offers them a place in the programme. SI also composes a list of reserve candidates in case a second selection round is needed. Unfortunately, because of the large number of applicants to a limited number of seats, we have to turn down many highly qualified people.
Please note that the offer to participate in the programme is valid only under the condition that the participant obtains a visa to travel to Sweden. SI will facilitate the visa application process, but we cannot guarantee a visa.
For more information please open this link