A Lifetime of Impact Begins
The Ford Fund Fellowship is a virtual program designed to equip 10 advanced social entrepreneurs with the skills, resources, and experience to scale the ventures and community initiatives they are building. Each Ford Fund Fellow will learn advanced skills in entrepreneurship and leadership, garner experience, and build a global network of Mentors, Master Course Teachers, and peers, as they lay the foundation to empower many more youth and transform their communities.
Each Fellow will receive $1,000 (USD) in Seed Funding to grow their ventures and initiatives.
The Fellowship begins with a virtual two-week intensive Accelerator that will focus on:
Community is one of the pillars of the Fellowship experience. A diverse cohort of young leaders and entrepreneurs form partnerships, collaborations, and further their growth and impact as leaders in their community.
Including fundraising, team building, transformative communication, growth mindset, courage, resilience, creativity, and leadership. Fellows will be guided through the process of overcoming key challenges faced during the process of becoming transformative leaders and entrepreneurs.
Each Fellow is trained and receives a stipend and logistical support to lead a three-day training (called Basecamp) in their home community to empower at least 30 additional entrepreneurial leaders per Fellow.
After the two week Accelerator, each Fellow will join a year-long Fellowship, which includes:
- Leading a Basecamp in their respective community. A stipend will be given for logistical and administrative costs.
- Joining a monthly All Hands on Deck meeting that includes skill development workshops and opportunities to build community amongst the cohort.
- Receiving $1,000 (USD) in Seed Funding to launch/grow their ventures and initiatives.
- Regularly attending Master Courses with the world’s leading entrepreneurs and practitioners. Past Master Course Teachers include recognized leaders of Nobel Peace Prize winning movements, the youngest person to run for U.S. Congress, and the inventor of Google’s self-driving car.
- Joining a pod with other Fellows from their respective regions and checking in regularly with each other via one-on-one meetings.
At the end of the Fellowship, all of the Fellows will participate in a high-profile Demo Day (called The Summit) to share their progress and impact throughout the program.
The year-long Fellowship will be delivered in a virtual format. Synchronous activities will take place between 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM U.S. Mountain Time. The time commitment for the two-week Accelerator is approximately 20-25 hours per week, which includes class time and outside-of-class work. The time commitment for the remainder of the Fellowship, excluding leading a Basecamp, is approximately 10 hours per month. Fellows should also plan to spend 160-200 hours over 2-3 months to organize and lead a Basecamp in their community.
Ford Motor Company Fund is the corporate foundation and philanthropic arm of Ford Motor Company. Watson Institute is the leading accelerator for next generation social entrepreneurs. Watson Institute shares Ford Fund’s belief that the next generation of leaders and entrepreneurs can transform their communities by joining a committed group of peers and mentors, receiving training and seed funding, and building a global network. Through the Ford Fund Fellowship, we are excited to scale the impact of Ford Fund and Watson Institute’s partnership to date by empowering 10 Fellows and over 300 young leaders and entrepreneurs globally.
For more information please open this link