Policy & Advocacy
- Initiates, supervises and coordinates WWF EPO strategy and actions on WWF’s EU climate & energy priority areas;
- Builds and maintains relationships with key EU institutional stakeholders, advocates for and represents WWF’s positions on climate and energy towards EU institutions;
- Contributes to building and rolling out EPO-related campaigns and communications; serves as the lead EPO spokesperson on climate and energy issues.
- Coordinates WWF European climate & energy network team; provides strategic direction, shares technical and scientific advice and policy expertise on EU issues, works in close cooperation with WWF offices;
- Interacts and represents EPO in WWF’s Global Climate and Energy Practice, and other international WWF initiatives to provide EU expertise; supports implementation of WWF global objectives;
- Partners with European NGOs and other strategic allies to develop common advocacy positions and alliances.
Management & Fundraising
- Manages, leads and coordinates WWF EPO climate and energy team;
- Contributes to EPO strategic planning and implementation; provides technical expertise & guidance on European climate and energy issues to EPO’s senior management and staff;
- Maintains relationships to funders and carries out fundraising activities for a significant portion of team financing as well as supports office-wide fundraising activities as relevant.
What you need:
- Over 10 years of proven professional and management experience relevant to the profile of the position, ideally on energy and/or climate policy or related policies;
- Experience of and deep knowledge about the ‘European political system’ and the EU-based institutions as well as the European energy and climate policy;
- Proven experience as strategist and networker; experience on fundraising would be an asset;
- Team management skills, competencies and experience;
- Professional experience working within the NGO context would be an advantage.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Has a genuine interest in WWFs mission, identifies & aligns with the core values of WWF: Courage, Respect, Integrity, Collaboration;
- Proven leadership skills to develop and mentor a highly influential multi-disciplinary, multicultural team;
- Very good project management skills related to advocacy and policy processes;
- Strong oral and written communication and representation skills in English, other languages are an advantage;
- Excellent collaboration skills to engage colleagues and internal and external networks
Please consult the attached job description for more information on the position.
How to apply?
Please send a single PDF document with your updated CV and Motivation Letter to email@example.com
Applications deadline: 17 January 2022 midnight.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce
For more information please open this link