Job Category:International Relief & Development (Outside UK), International Relief & Development (UK Based)
Contract Type:Fixed Term
Closing Date:7 September 2021
Potential Interview Date:13 September 2021
Tearfund is looking for an International Safety & Security Manager to cover a 7 month maternity contract ending May 2022.
This is a very exciting opportunity for you to be involved in supporting safety and security in the delivery of Tearfund’s operational and partner-led interventions.
This role plays a fundamental part in embedding our culture and approach to effective safety and security management. You will work directly with our international teams to outwork the existing safety and security strategy.
The successful candidate will:
- advise and support the Board and Executive Team (ET) as well as the Cluster and Country Leadership in safety and security risk management, including strategic planning and crisis management
- outwork the existing strategy on Tearfund’s approach to safety and security risk management through leading the International Safety and Security Team and Matrix Team globally, with particular emphasis on culture building, system implementation and skill development
- further promote and embed the culture of effective safety and security risk management within our cluster and country teams through skill development (training opportunities), planning and live support
- lead the International Safety & Security Team in providing ongoing support to Cluster and Country teams, including responding to any safety and/or security issues to ensure the teams can operate effectively within the appropriate risk levels.
- lead the security team in reflecting, learning and improving Tearfund’s ability to manage and mitigate security issues within the agreed risk levels, with particular emphasis on data and trend analysis from internal and external sources to inform learning
- lead collaborative projects involving a range of stakeholders, particularly the process of embedding a new incident reporting and case management system
You will have proven experience in decision-making on safety and security in humanitarian and/or development work overseas, as well as experience outworking existing strategic objectives, ideally at a global level.
Are you creative problem-solver, with a strong focus on people and working with others? Are you able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritising based on significance, and under tight timelines and in close cooperation with multiple stakeholders?
Do your skills and experience match the above? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
All applicants must be committed to Tearfund’s Christian beliefs.
Role location: This role can be based in any country where Tearfund is registered and is able to employ staff.
Please note: This is a full time 7 month fixed term maternity cover contract, starting on the 1st November 2021 and ending on 1st May 2022.
The recruitment process will include specific checks related to safeguarding issues. In addition, personal identification information will be submitted against a Watchlist database to check against criminal convictions as a counter-terror measure.