The Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH) is a world-leading institute in global health with a particular focus on low- and middle-income countries. Associated with the University of Basel, Swiss TPH combines research, services, and education and training at the local, national and international level. About 850 people from more than 80 nations work at Swiss TPH focusing on infectious and non-communicable diseases, environment, society and health as well as health systems and interventions.
The Swiss Centre for International Health (SCIH) of the Swiss TPH conducts consultancy, project management, training and applied research work in international health. Within our health sector portfolio, we are managing portfolios related to COVID-19 vaccine delivery and monitoring.
Senior Immunisation Specialist (100%)
To best fit into our active, interdisciplinary team we are looking for candidates with a strong interest and solid proven experience in Immunisation especially in low and middle income countries (LMIC).
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Have a solid knowledge in the field of immunisation strategy, implementation plans and needs for routine immunisation programs and mass campaigns, including COVID-19
- Good knowledge of in-country supply chain systems and procedures for vaccines and immunisation logistics including centralized temperature monitoring systems
- Experience in EPI program planning and management, including familiarity with budgeting, common planning frameworks, monitoring tool, and vaccine introduction process
- Familiarity with political and technical governmental decision-making processes for immunisation, strategies and policies, including budget and planning processes, appropriations and communications/ vaccination campaigns
- Excellent conceptual and analytical problem-solving skills (e.g., to analyse supply chain, health systems bottlenecks); driving innovations and new ways of thinking with ability to analyse and determine the applicability of data, draw conclusions and to make appropriate recommendations
- Be familiar with digital immunisation data collection, analysis and dissemination of immunisation program data and their integration into national health information management systems
To best fit into our active, team we ask for the following requirements:
- Minimum of Master degree in supply chain management/logistics management/operations management, procurement, immunisation and health system, or other related field; a PhD is an asset
- Certification from a recognized professional body such as The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) or others is desirable
- At least 10 years of experience in vaccine programs’ implementation and evaluation; national and global vaccine policy; pricing, procurement, forecasting, needs estimation and/or regulation of vaccines; health systems and program delivery;
- At least 5 years of experience in vaccine cold chain inventory, procurement, temperature monitoring systems and technical assessments of vaccine logistics and distribution
- Experience in conducting health supply chain assessments, Effective Vaccine Management assessments would be an added value.
- Experience in vaccination campaign surveys and routine vaccination coverage surveys is an asset
- Experience working internationally with ministries of health and non-governmental organizations in developing countries.
- Experience working with Gavi the Vaccine Alliance is an asset
- Excellent command English and French (speaking & writing) required, another language (Spanish or Portuguese) is a further asset
- Ability to adapt quickly and manage clients independently
- Willingness and availability to frequently travel to LMIC countries
- High level of commitment and flexibility, good communication skills, strong spirit of team work, capacity to take initiative and ability to work independently with professionals in multi-cultural contexts.
An initial contract of two years will be offered with possibility of renewal based on performance.
In case of interest, please send your CV (maximum 3 pages) and covering letter including your expected salary and three (3) references in English by 19 September 2021 to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading “Application Senior Immunisation specialist position”.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please consult our website: http://www.swisstph.ch/swiss-centre-for-international-health.html