The YOUNG EUROPEAN FEDERALISTS (JEF Europe), an international non-governmental youth organisation (INGYO) is looking for candidates to fill the position of Secretary General (SG).
JEF Europe is an independent, transnational, political youth organisation with thousands of members in more than 30 national sections. The goal of JEF is the creation of a democratic European federation as a crucial ingredient for peace, a guarantee for a more free, just and democratic society and a first step towards a world federation. More information can be found here.
As appointed officer and legal representative, the Secretary General works full-time for the organisation at the European Secretariat in Brussels and is responsible, under the guidance of the Executive Board, for:
- Human resources and management of the European secretariat (up to 10 people)
- Project writing, planning, implementation and reporting
- Partnership development and communication with a diverse range of donors
- External representation (European Institutions, NGOs, etc.);
- External communication and support to the member sections;
- The organisation of statutory meetings;
- The financial management of the organisation (together with the Treasurer);
The Secretary General should have:
- a thorough understanding of and interest in European politics and affairs;
- extensive experience in NGO work, ideally on a European level and/or in JEF;
- extensive experience in project management in particular European projects;
- experience with institutional fundraising, especially Erasmus+ and other EU grants, as well as diversification of fundraising;
- excellent language skills; fluency in English is a precondition, any other European languages and especially French and/or Dutch is considered a strong asset;
- excellent communication and presentation skills;
- experience with finances and bookkeeping;
- excellent knowledge of MS/OpenOffice and online communications (collaborative tools, social media);
- experience with human resources management and team management as well as leadership skills;
- self-motivation and ability to work independently;
- ability to manage different competing priorities and responsibilities;
- ability to work with, engage with and create synergies with a wide range of stakeholders;
- ability to work with and reporting to a democratic and volunteer-led Board;
- the willingness to undertake frequent travels;
- the sensibility to work in a multilingual and multicultural environment
The applicant should show flexibility (15+ weekends/year), initiative, personal commitment and motivation on supporting the activities promoted by the organisation. JEF Europe offers an interesting position in an international environment and a high degree of independence in day-to-day work. JEF Europe will issue a working contract under Belgian law, limited for 2 years, including a trial period of 2 months, starting in May 2022 (exact date to be defined).
Annual gross salary (including benefits and social security): approx 50000 Euros
Monthly net salary: approx 2000 Euros + Food vouchers (160 Euros) + Private health insurance + Travel perdiems
13th salary and bonus for summer holidays
The application procedure will consist of 3 rounds.
In the first round the applicant is requested to send his/her CV and motivation letter (in pdf), additional recommendations are welcome.
Based upon these two documents, they will be requested to add a project and a budget proposal in the second round. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted at this stage.
In the third round the selected candidates will be invited by the Executive Board for an interview taking place in Brussels during a week-end in February 2022.
The invitation to the interview will be communicated by 5th of February 2022. The final approval of the successful candidate in the interview stage will be taken by the Federal Committee (FC) of JEF Europe (the SG is appointed by the FC upon recommendation of the Executive Board according to the Statutes of JEF Europe), at its meeting that will take place in Luxembourg 8-10 April 2022.
Deadline for applications: Sunday January 16th 2022 – 23:59 (CET Brussels time)
Any questions should be addressed to the current Secretary-General – Milosh Ristovski – firstname.lastname@example.org .
For more information please open this link