Press and Communications Assistant
The successful candidate has a solid academic background, experience in social media, an interest in political communications and EU affairs, and is IT-minded.
- Assist in keeping the EPC website up-to-date;
- Help the Digital Communications Officer to manage the EPC social media channels. This means occasional live-tweeting, data collecting and analysis, and drafting posts for EPC Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook;
- Review and update, in collaboration with the Head of Communications, the press database;
- Conduct background research for communication strategy purposes, including planning and mapping EPC audience preferences;
- Assist the events and communications teams in setting up in-person and hybrid events;
- Proofread project descriptions, invitations, mailings, and, occasionally, (parts of) publications;
- Draft event reports and summaries of debates and roundtables;
- Help to handle press requests for interviews;
- Support the communications team in developing attractive visuals and graphs to be used in publications and social media campaigns;
- Contribute ideas to improve the EPC’s digital presence across all channels;
- You speak and write English fluently;
- You are a sharp communicator who’s adaptable and eager to learn;
- You are an avid media consumer and have experience in social media in a professional context;
- You have solid editing and researching skills;
- You are proficient in MS Office; familiarity with design software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign) and content management systems is a plus;
- Interest in and aptitude for graphic design and creating visuals (on Canva) would be an asset;
- You have some knowledge of EU institutions, policymaking and media
Candidates who meet the above requirements should send by e-mail a short motivation letter together with a CV to Maral Bedrossian (Ms), CV@epc.eu. Please mention (COMAST) in the subject field of the email.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 15 August 2021
In view of the expected high number of applications, we will only be able to contact the candidates shortlisted for an interview. Thank you for your understanding and for your interest in this vacancy.
EPC is an equal opportunities employer. All applications will be treated on merit.