SENIOR ADVISOR- RACIAL EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION (3021)
Closing Date:10 September 2021
Directorate:Deputy Secretary General
Type:Fixed Term Contract
Duration:12 months, with possibility to extend
Location – It is possible for the post-holder to work from a different location if the candidate is based in a country/territory with an Amnesty International Secretariat office and we are in a position to hire an employee in that location (within Africa, Americas, Europe, or Central Asia) – please see link below to see our worldwide office locations: https://www.amnesty.org/en/careers/regional-offices/)
Salary grade and benefits will vary country dependent
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Senior Advisor Racial Equality, Diversity and Inclusion for Movement Building to work over the next year to further develop our anti-racism framework and work closely with our national and regional entities. You would be a key in driving strategic development, practices, and approaches to anti-racism. You will be working with Directors, Boards and other staff to contribute to building a culture of equity, dignity and justice at Amnesty.
This role will engage the Amnesty movement at the national on its journey to become anti-racist, and to lead on diversity and inclusion best practice by developing strategies, practices, delivering initiatives, supporting movement leaders plans and needs while working with national management, national boards, and the International Secretariate.
Do you have knowledge and understanding of developing a culture of equity, dignity and justice? Are you passionate about enabling others to bring about change? Have you worked with Boards and management from different countries and organisational development levels?
- Co-construct, design and implement a global movement wide framework on anti-racism that develops a culture of equity, dignity and justice
- Design tools, lead trainings, provide references material, connect with experts and establish evaluation and monitoring mechanisms of planned objectives for national entities
- Build on the anti-racism work initiated by the regional collectives, Regional Offices and national entities and align with the International Secretariat anti-racism plan
- Partner with entities to design management and governance anti-racism support, including tailored or global offers of capacity building and learning for national entities stakeholders (Board, staff, members, activists, youth)
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven subject-matter expertise in diversity, inclusion and anti-racism
- Experience working with management, staff, Boards, and volunteers
- Experience in change management from an anti-racist, diversity & inclusion perspective
- Experience with strategic planning, conducting assessments, innovation, monitoring & evaluation, and data collection/analysis
- Experience in learning & development, programme design, and facilitation
Please see the attached job description for more information on responsibilities. We have highlighted a few important skills and experience above.
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 7 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world.
Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they’re denied. And whether we’re applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we’re all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
WHAT WE HOPE YOU WILL DO NEXT
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world then we would encourage you to click ‘Apply for this Role’ below.
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let’s get to work.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.
Amnesty International is committed to creating and sustaining a working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential and we welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
For more information please open this link