APPLY FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY!
Or, know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!
Share / Like / Tag a friend in a post or comment!
Become an OECD Intern
OECD Internship Programme is designed to bring highly qualified and motivated students with diverse backgrounds into the Organisation to work on projects linked to the Strategic Orientations of the Secretary-General and to support the corporate functions of the Organisation. Its main goal is to give successful candidates the opportunity to improve their analytical and technical skills in an international environment.
The Internship Programme is open on an on-going basis. Students enrolled at a fully accredited degree programme (Bachelor, Master, PhD) during the entire duration of their internship can apply online. Selected interns are expected to work remotely until further notice.
When can I apply for an internship?
We recruit interns on an on-going basis and applications are accepted throughout the year. You can apply anytime via our online application platform.
Internship start dates will be set based on your dates of availability and the OECD hiring teams’ schedules: do not forget to specify the date and duration of your availability in the application form.
If your application is not successful, you are welcome to apply again to the next vacancy publication, which appear on the dates below:
|1 March 2021|
1 September 2021
|1 March 2022|
1 September 2022
– Note to applicants
Due to the high volume of applications received, the OECD Internship Office is not in a position to provide individual feedback. Therefore, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by Directorates for an interview. If you are not contacted by Directorate hiring teams within three months following your application’s submission, you can assume your application has not been retained on this occasion and you can apply again according to the dates provided above. Please remember you will still need to be enrolled as a student during the internship period.
Who can apply?
Internships are open for students who:
- Are enrolled in a full-time degree programme for the duration of the internship in a field or discipline related to the work of the OECD;
- Are available for a minimum internship duration of one month;
- Have an excellent command of one of the two official languages of the OECD (English and French) and working knowledge of, or willingness to learn the other. Knowledge of other languages used at the OECD would be an advantage;
- Possess solid quantitative and IT skills;
- Demonstrate excellent drafting and communication skills;
- Are capable of working in multicultural and international team environment.
The majority of internships are based in Paris, France. Interns can come from any country (i.e. not only OECD member countries).
Successful candidates will carry out research and provide support to Policy Analysts in one of the following areas (please note that the list is non-exhaustive):
- Artificial Intelligence
- Bribery and corruption
- Corporate Governance
- Education and Skills
- Gender and Diversity
- Inclusive Growth
- Industry, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Insurance and Pensions
- International Migration
- Public Governance
- Regional Development
- Regulatory Reform
- Science and Technology
- Trade and Agriculture
For internships in the corporate functions, successful candidates will be involved in one of the following areas:
- Communications, Media & Public Relations
- Event Management
- Finance, Budget and Accounting
- Information Technology
- Legal services
- Office Administration
- Human Resources
For more information on OECD departments and bodies please visit this page.
Examples of work entrusted to interns include:
- Participating in the preparation of studies and documents;
- Carrying out research and reviews of existing materials;
- Collecting, organising and analysing data;
- Contributing to the production of documents, working papers and publications resulting from the above activities, including drafting notes and preparing technical annexes;
- Participating in meetings and seminars;
- Liaising and building networks with officials in national administrations, researchers, other international organisations and member country Delegations;
- Contributing to the organisation of events, communication, planning and evaluation.
Contract duration and monthly living allowance
The duration of the internship is for a period between one and six months (renewable for another six months up to a total of twelve months), on a full-time basis (40 hours/week). The OECD encourages potential interns to stay for six months in order to gain the best possible insight into work at the OECD. A contribution to living expenses of around 700 euros per full month worked will be granted to interns by the OECD.
Are you interested?
You can submit your application anytime via our online application platform.
For more information on the OECD Internship Programme please download the Internship brochure, consult our frequently asked questions or contact us.
The selection process consists of four main stages:
- Your online application and cover letter (addressed to the Internship Office);
- Pre-screening: all applications are screened by the Internship Office and suitable candidates placed on a shortlist made available to OECD Directorates;
- Interview and/or Written Test: hiring teams may invite candidates to complete a telephone interview and/or written test;
- Offer letter: if you are selected following a telephone interview and/or written test you will receive an e-mail with your internship offer letter from OECD Human Resources.
For more information please open this link