A4E is looking for a Policy Officer to join its team in Brussels. S/he will support the policy team in drafting and implementing advocacy campaigns on behalf of A4E’s members in areas such as sustainability, COVID-19 travel restrictions, consumer rights, airspace/ATM efficiency, aviation taxation, safety and airport charges, with a particular focus on sustainability and digitalisation – ensuring that their interests are effectively represented and that the association’s voice is heard. S/he will report directly to the A4E Senior Policy Director.
- A passion for, and knowledge of, the EU, its processes and policies
- A strong interest in aviation and the airline industry as well as in government affairs
- Excellent communicator (oral and written) in English. Knowledge of an additional European language (e.g. French/German/Spanish) is a plus
- Flexibility to multi-task, ability to perform under tight deadlines and a hands-on mentality
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team in a multicultural environment
- Good understanding of public policy issues around climate, mobility, energy and digital issues
- Good knowledge of the EU institutions and legislative processes, gained through working in industry, government relations or EU affairs. Prior experience in the aviation industry or transport sector is a plus
- A minimum of 2-3 years proven work experience
- An academic background in international relations/European affairs, law, economics or political science (Master’s degree or equivalent)
- Skilled organiser, capable of managing a challenging agenda with competing priorities
The selected candidate will:
- Carry out strategic engagement with the European Council, European Commission and European Parliament in Brussels and in the capitals, representing A4E
- Build and promote policy strategies
- Identify opportunities and threats arising from political and legislative developments
- Help draft positions, interact closely with airline members, support the work of assigned A4E Working Groups, Expert Groups and Taskforces
- Build coalitions and coordinate initiatives with other stakeholders
- Further A4E’s external presence by developing material for public use and contributing to the organisation of events.
- Work in a dynamic, diverse and international team in the heart of the EU quarter
- Be uniquely involved with the aviation industry and European airlines in particular
- Contribute to the visibility of airline industry priorities in the EU policy landscape, in particular in the field of sustainability and digitalisation
If you are interested in this position and match the above-mentioned profile, please apply by sending a CV and cover letter (max. 350 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention in the subject line “A4E Policy Officer 2021”.
Please also indicate if you consent to A4E processing your personal data for the purpose of this application and until this position is filled.
Deadline for application is 13 December 2021.
A4E is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only contact short-listed candidates.
For more information please open this link