Research Assistant – Brussels
Practice Area: Public Policy
About Instinctif Partners
The Brussels office of IP focuses on EU public affairs and services provided to corporate and association clients. We help our clients achieve their business objectives utilising our understanding of politics, government and regulation. We offer the range of public policy disciplines from strategic political counsel and regulatory advice, through to government relations, lobbying and public affairs. We pride ourselves at being experts in consultation, trade association management, and competition policy.
About the position
We are currently recruiting an “EU Public Affairs Assistant” to join our Brussels public policy team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to the team by researching and monitoring political issues and legislative developments in the EU and its Member States.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Conducting research on policy issues and regulatory structures
- Monitoring EU legislative developments and transposition of EU legislation in Member States
- Drafting reports, providing summaries, updating legislative databases
- Contacting institutional officials
- Attending conferences and events to network and report back
- Administrative tasks (answering phones, welcoming guests, supporting Office Manager)
Required skills & qualifications for the role:
- Academic background in European studies / political science / international relations / law
- Prior internship experience with an EU institution / consultancy / trade association is an advantage
- Strong motivation to learn and work in European Public Affairs
- Good knowledge of EU institutional practises & policy-making process
- Awareness of political parties, major political issues and their dynamics in the EU and its Member States
- Social media awareness
- Excellent research and communication skills
- Proficiency in English and at least in one other EU official language (preferably French, Flemish, German, Spanish or Italian).
- Flexibility and interest to work on multiple policy fields in parallel
- Well-organised, sociable and pro-active attitude
Please note we are looking for candidates who are available immediately and will be reviewing candidates on an ongoing basis. This is a fixed term contract for initially 6 months. The deadline for all applications is 17th September 2021.