View Vacancy – Senior Investment Adviser (BEL21.393)
Our daily work relies on the input of dedicated individuals who engage on many different topics and activities. We seek to employ a diverse range of candidates who bring their own talents and perspectives to the role. We have a strong corporate agenda that ensures we create a positive and inclusive working environment where everyone is valued for their contribution.
The British Embassy in Brussels is part of a world-wide network of 270 Diplomatic Posts, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and we are now looking for a Senior Investment Adviser to join the small but dynamic Belgian Investment team.
Working for the Department for International Trade (DIT), the main purpose of the role is to assist Belgian companies to invest, or increase their investment, in the United Kingdom through providing tailored advice and support. The team works with challenging targets across a range of sectors, from Life Sciences, Advanced Manufacturing, Food and Drink, Automotive, Renewables and Cleantech, Digital Economy and Financial Services.
The Investment Adviser builds a detailed understanding of an investor’s business and its potential UK plans and then, working with UK colleagues, provides market insight and connectivity to allow the business to enter or grow further in the UK. The successful candidate will be responsible for building close relationships with existing investors, as well as identifying potential new investors across a range of sectors.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to promote the UK to an important trading partner country. We are looking for a motivated, commercially driven professional with excellent account management and organisational skills to join our team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertaking lead generation activity and sector research to contribute to the maintenance of the pipeline of investment projects from Belgium;
- Developing and organising sector events and campaigns to support meeting the team’s objectives;
- Leading client facing meetings with key existing and new investors into the UK and carrying out thorough follow up and investment support;
- Responsibility for the delivery of a number of new investment or expansion projects from Belgian companies in the UK through the management of a defined set of existing or potential investors across a range of sectors;
- Account management and support of key existing investors;
- Maintaining productive relationships with relevant sector groups in London HQ and across the UK, together with colleagues in the DIT European Network;
- Working as part of the Investment team to deliver the annual investment target for Belgium and Luxembourg;
- In light of the changing environment around the UK Missions, this role is not limited to the tasks described above; responsibilities may evolve through time. Any change of responsibilities will be reflected in the job description.
- Fluently spoken and written English (C1 level*);
- At least 3 years of experience in a business development, consultancy or trade/investment promotion discipline;
- Experience in working in, or with, at least one of the following sectors: Life Sciences, Food and Drink, Automotive, Renewables and Cleantech;
- A self-starter, able to show initiative and work independently and at pace, without losing sight of priorities;
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to transmit complex messages to senior stakeholders clearly and effectively;
- Results driven with experience of delivering against challenging targets;
- Strong account management skills.
- A good understanding of the UK and/or Belgian business environment including business drivers;
- Strong networking skills;
- A working level knowledge of Dutch and/or French.
This is a permanent full-time contract for 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week. The monthly gross salary for this position is € 4,243.29 B3 (L) level.
In addition, we offer an extensive salary package, which includes a 13 month, luncheon vouchers, pension scheme, optional hospitalisation insurance (subject to monthly employee contribution), reimbursement of public transport and a lot more. We offer more days of annual leave than the Belgian requirements.
Please note that Belgian nationals will be paid their salary gross and are expected to comply with their tax obligations through completion of a tax return to the Belgian authorities. Non-Belgian nationals will receive their salary net, minus the deduction of an equivalent level of Belgian tax retained at source. Further information on this will be given to candidates during the recruitment process.
Staff recruited locally by the British Diplomatic Missions in Belgium are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Belgian employment law.
The successful candidates will be subject to professional background checks and security clearance.
Passport: officers are expected to be in possession of a passport due to the possibility that they may be asked to undertake business travel.
Visa/work permit requirements: candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Belgium and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in this country.
Please note, Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C1 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your languages skills are going to be assessed.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered. Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.