#Jobs #Interships #Trainings #Camps – UNIVERWORK.COM
Deadline: 12 October 2018
Open to: students in any year of PhD study
Benefits: a stipend of USD 37,000 each year, and up to USD 5,000 in conference travel support
The Facebook Fellowship Program and Emerging Scholar Awards are designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering.
Applications will be evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters.
While open to students in any year of PhD study, a heavy emphasis on research and publication record for Facebook Fellowships favor students who are further along in their course of study. Applicants who are earlier in their career and fit the criteria of a minority group that is traditionally under-represented* in the technology sector have the option of being evaluated for an Emerging Scholar Award.
Applications will be accepted from students with research related to one of the following areas:
- Applied Statistics;
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics;
- Computational Social Science;
- Computer Vision;
- Compute Storage and Efficiency;
- Distributed Systems;
- Economics and Computation;
- Hardware and Software Infrastructure for Machine Learning;
- Machine Learning;
- Natural Language Processing;
- Networking and Connectivity;
- Programming Languages;
- Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification;
- Full-time PhD students who are currently involved in on-going research who are enrolled in an accredited university in any country;
- Students work must be related to one or more relevant disciplines;
- Students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) the Fellowship is awarded;
- First or second year Ph.D. students who fit the criteria of a minority group that is under-represented* in the technology sector have the option of being evaluated for an Emerging Scholar Award.
- Tuition and fees will be paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters);
- USD 37.000 grant (one-time payment during each academic year);
- Up to USD 5,000 in conference travel support;
- Paid visit to Facebook headquarters to for the annual