The Sunan Kalijaga Global Scholarship For International Students
Welcome to State Islamic University (UIN) Sunan Kalijaga Yogyakarta
Established in 1951, Universitas Islam Negeri (State Islamic University) /UIN Sunan Kalijaga Yogyakarta is the first state islamic university in Indonesia with excellent contributions in education, research, and community engagement. UIN Sunan Kalijaga has three core values, those are: Integrative-Interconnective, Dedicative-Innovative, and Inclusive-Continuous Improvement. UIN Sunan Kalijaga committed to developing integrated-interconnective Islamic and scientific studies with the goal of producing comptitive graduates of good character.
Studying at UIN Sunan Kalijaga provides an interesting learning experience that collaborates with Islamic Sciences and Natural-Social Sciences. Studying here provides an interesting multicultural experience with students from various regions and countries.
The programs on offer under the Sunan Kalijaga Global Scholarship are those taught in English and Bahasa Indonesia. In terms of duration of study, the Bachelor Degree offers a four years program. Bellow are the programs offered :
- Faculty of Adab and Cultural Sciences
- Arabic Language and Literature
- Islamic History and Culture
- Library and Information Science
- English Literature
- Faculty of Dakwah and Communication
- Islamic Broadcasting and Communication
- Islamic Guidance and Counseling
- Islamic Community Development
- Management of Dakwah
- Social Welfare
- Faculty of Sharia and Law
- Islamic Law
- Constitutional Law
- Sharia Economic Law
- Islamic Family Law
- Comparative School of Islamic Jurisprudence
- Faculty of Tarbiyah and Education
- Islamic Religious Education
- Arabic Language Education
- Islamic Education Management
- Education for Islamic Elementary School Teachers
- Islamic Early Childhood Education
- Mathematics Education
- Biology Education
- Chemistry Education
- Physics Education
- Faculty of Ushuluddin and Islamic Thoughts
- Islamic Theology and Philosophy
- Religious Studies
- Qur’anic Studies
- Hadith Studies
- Sociology of Religion
- Faculty of Science and Technology
- Informatics Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities
- Communication Science
- Faculty of Islamic Economics and Business
- Islamic Economic
- Islamic Banking
- Islamic Financial Management
- Islamic Accounting
The Sunan Kalijaga Global Scholarship will be awarded to outstanding emerging young leaders all over the world who have good leadership qualities and an excellent academic record to pursue Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees.
We encourage you to apply for a Sunan Kalijaga Global Scholarship because every applicant has a right to equal treatment without discrimination. What matters is your ability to submit a strong application that demonstrates you’re capable of excelling on a robust Bachelor’s program at State Islamic University (UIN) Sunan Kalijaga Yogyakarta.
You are eligible for a Sunan Kalijaga Global Scholarship, if you are :
- Able to meet all of the application requirements
- Non-Indonesian Citizen
- Not pursuing another similar program for a double degree.
- Not concurrently hold any other fellowship, grant, bursary, award, scholarship, or allowance without prior approval from the University
- Able to meet Indonesian government requirements for International Students entry to Indonesia (visa, heath, etc.).
Ineligible applications will be rejected, so it is important that you check that you meet our eligibility criteria before you start your application. Below is the list of supporting documents before you start online application:
- Valid national identification document OR a valid passport (Please submit the colour scanned of the first page of your passport)
- A recent photo of the applicant (please note that the photo you upload into the Application system must be a proper portrait of yourself with a red/blue background. Applicant photos which are not identifiable will undermine the evaluation of your application).
- Previous Academic transcript & Degree Certificate (if your documents are not written in English or Arabic, please include the academic translation of your previous Academic transcript and Degree Certificate)
- Language proficiency certificate
- Current curriculum vitae/resume
- Declaration stating that you will not work on your study visa and you will obey the Indonesian law
- Bachelor Degree tuition fee for four academic years
- Master Degree tuition fee for two academic years
- Living allowance for Fully Funded Scholarship
There will be three main application process
- Administration Selection Process
This stage, UIN Sunan Kalijaga will check all the documents submitted
- Desk Review
All application documents will be reviewed by the selection committee for shortlisting. The relevance and strength of the applicant background with the Sunan Kalijaga Global Scholarship will be assessed.
Desk review will result in applicant shortlisting. Applicants shortlisted for selection interview(s) will be informed via Email.
- Interview (if needed)
Scholarship applicants will be assessed on their suitability for the scholarships, based on the strength of their applications and their performance in the scholarship selection interview(s).
An interview is a great opportunity to demonstrate why the applicant should be selected for the scholarship.
The Sunan Kalijaga Global Scholarship Booklet For International Students 2021/2022 [ click here ]
For more information please open this link