Transform Together Scholarships
Transform Together Scholarships are exclusively for international and European Union (non-UK) students starting a full-time taught course in 2021–22. A half fee waiver (50% discount) is available for undergraduate and postgraduate taught courses for the first year of study.
Scholarships are awarded to students who can demonstrate excellent academic achievement. Applicants also need to describe how they will stand out from the crowd as an ambassador for Sheffield Hallam University during and after their studies.
We are now accepting scholarship applications for courses starting in September 2021 and January 2022. The closing date for applications is 31 May 2021 for courses starting in September 2021 and 1 November 2021 for courses starting in January 2022..
I have always wanted to study architecture since I was young. I applied for the Transform Together Scholarship and I was so happy when I received an email saying I had got the scholarship. It gave me the opportunity to study in the UK.
Adeline Tui, from Malaysia
How do I apply?
To apply for a Transform Together Scholarship for September 2021 and January 2022, please follow these steps
- Apply for a course at Sheffield Hallam. If you have not applied for a course, please visit our online prospectus
- Check you meet the scholarship eligibility criteria listed below
- When you have accepted an offer to study on a course here, apply for a scholarship online using the link below by the closing date of 31 May 2021 for courses starting in September 2021 and 1 November 2021 for courses starting in January 2022.
The Transform Together scholarship award from the university is a great honour, and with my experience at Sheffield Hallam, I have become more optimistic, determined, focused and gained better interpersonal skills.
Ifeyinwa Aniunoh, from Nigeria
MSc International Events and Conference Management
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply for one of these scholarships you must
- be an international or a European Union (non-UK) fee paying student
- (postgraduate only) – have achieved a minimum 2.1 or equivalent in your honours degree and must meet the English and academic entry requirements for your course
- (undergraduate only) – must meet the English and academic entry requirements for the course
- have accepted an offer for a full-time taught undergraduate or postgraduate course at Sheffield Hallam University
- be fully self-funding your studies. This means that you are not receiving any funding for your studies from an external source such as a government, a scholarship provider, a company or an employer
- be able to pay any additional fees your course may require, for example field trips and tuition fees for subsequent years of study
You are not eligible to apply if you
- have already started the course for which you are applying for a scholarship
- have previously received a Transform Together scholarship for a course at the same level of study
- are receiving full or partial funding for your studies from a sponsor or other scholarship provider
- are applying to study a Sheffield Hallam course at a partner institution outside the UK
- have an offer for one of our International Foundation Programmes. You can apply for a scholarship for the course that you will progress onto following successful completion of the Foundation Programme
- do not hold an offer of a place on a course at Sheffield Hallam University. We strongly advise applicants to accept their offer as we reserve the right to only consider applicants for a scholarship if they have accepted an offer for their course of study
Scholarships are competitive and selection is based on the information provided in the online scholarship application form.
You must provide your eight digit Student Identifier (SI) number on the online scholarship application form. This is given to you by the University when your course application has been processed.
Transform Together scholarships are awarded as a tuition fee reduction and apply to fees payable in the first year of study only. No cash alternative is available.
Transform Together scholarships are not transferable and cannot be deferred to a later start date.
Only one financial incentive (scholarship or award) is permitted for each course of study.
The University reviews and updates our scholarship offer annually, therefore the offer is subject to change each academic year.
All decisions are at the University’s discretion and are final.
For more information please open this link
Frequently asked questions about our Transform Together Scholarships
What are the deadlines for submitting Transform Together scholarship application forms?
For courses starting in September, the deadline for applications is 31 May.
For courses starting in January, the deadline for applications is 1 November.
The application form asks for my Sheffield Hallam University Student Identifier number – what is this?
Once you have applied for a course and your application has been processed you will receive an eight digit Student Identifier (SI) number. To apply for a scholarship, you will need to include your SI number in your application. Your scholarship application will not be considered if you do not provide your SI number on the online scholarship application form.
Do I need to apply for my course and Transform Together scholarship separately?
Yes, you need to apply for your academic course first. You can see all of the courses we offer on our prospectus. When you receive an offer for your course, you can apply for a Transform Together scholarship. of a place on a course before the scholarship application deadline or your application will not be considered.
What is the difference between a scholarship and an award?
Scholarships are competitive and require the completion of an application form. Awards are reductions in your tuition fees which are automatically applied by our admissions team. Find out more about our awards.
Can I apply for more than one scholarship?
You are welcome to apply for as many scholarships as you wish, provided you meet the eligibility criteria. If you are successful in more than one scholarship application, you can choose to accept the highest value scholarship. Only one financial incentive (scholarship or award) is permitted for each course of study.
If my application is not successful, can I ask for feedback?
Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications that we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback to unsuccessful students.
Can I apply for a Transform Together scholarship if I am a current Sheffield Hallam student?
You can apply for a Transform Together scholarship if you are progressing from a Sheffield Hallam undergraduate degree to a masters degree, or from a Sheffield Hallam International Foundation Programme to an undergraduate programme. You cannot apply for a scholarship for a course you have already started. You cannot apply for a Transform Together scholarship if you have previously received the scholarship for a course at the same level of study (e.g. you had a Transform Together scholarship for a masters course and you wish to study a second masters course).
The terms and conditions say that I need to be a ‘self-funding’ student to apply for a Transform Together scholarship – what does that mean?
Self-funded means that you are not receiving any funding for your studies from an external source such as a government, a scholarship provider, a company or an employer. You are classed as self-funded if a family member or friend funds your studies. If you are a student from the EU, you are also classed as self-funded if you are applying for a Student Loan.
When will I find out if I have been offered a Transform Together scholarship?
You will be notified no later than one month after the scholarship deadline. This will be by email using the email address provided on your scholarship application. Please also check your spam folder for an email from us.
Can I defer my Transform Together scholarship?
No, you cannot defer your Transform Together scholarship. You can defer your course application and will be welcome to reapply for the scholarship but we cannot guarantee that you will receive the scholarship, even if you have been successful in a previous application.
If I’m successful in my scholarship application, how will this be reflected on my CAS and student fee record?
We will inform the student fees team that you have been successful in your scholarship application. They will update your student fee record to show this. They will invoice you for the balance of your fees.
If you haven’t received your CAS statement yet, when it is issued it will reflect your scholarship award.
If your CAS has already been issued then our admissions team will update your record to reflect your scholarship award and this will be visible to UKVI when you make your visa application. Your CAS statement will not be reissued.
If I am awarded a scholarship and my course lasts for more than one academic year, will I pay reduced tuition fees for each year of my course?
No, scholarships are for the first year of study only. You will be required to pay full tuition fees after the first academic year of your course. For some masters courses that are longer than 12 months in duration, tuition fees are payable over two years. In these cases the scholarship will only be applied to the fees payable during the first year of study.
Need further advice and guidance on applying for a scholarship?
You can use our web enquiry form to contact us for enquiries about the scholarship application process