The European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) is a non-profit organisation with a European office in The Hague, The Netherlands and an African office in Cape Town, South Africa. EDCTP is a partnership between European and African countries to accelerate the development of new or improved clinical interventions such as drugs, vaccines, microbicides and diagnostics against poverty-related diseases in Africa. The organisation supports clinical trials, capacity strengthening and networking in Africa and Europe. The second programme of EDCTP (EDCTP2) is implemented as part of the European Framework Programme for Research and Innovation, Horizon 2020. Visit www.edctp.org for more information.
We are looking for a Communications Officer to be based at the EDCTP office in The Hague. The Communications Officer will play a key role in the effective planning and implementation of communication activities, including acting as the lead person for drafting and publishing content on the EDCTP website. The Communications Officer will work closely with other EDCTP teams, particularly the Operations Team and the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, to identify and create awareness – in the form of success stories – of high impact results generated from grants financed by EDCTP.
Duties and responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the Communications Officer will include:
- Playing a lead role in the development and implementation of the EDCTP communication house style guide, including the design of corporate materials, such as templates and stationery;
- Ensuring all internal and external documents, including presentations, are prepared in line with EDCTP house style guide;
- Analysing and editing data provided by other EDCTP teams for communication purposes;
- Working closely with different EDCTP teams to produce effective communication materials for targeted audiences, including EDCTP monthly newsletters and annual reports;
- Provide visual design direction for websites, online systems, videos, and social media;
- Ensuring the EDCTP website is kept up to date with relevant communications materials;
- Monitoring social media sites and press releases for any EDCTP relevant information and updating EDCTP staff and stakeholders as appropriate;
- Working closely with other EDCTP teams to develop communications and messages that are consistent with the EDCTP’s communications strategy; and
- Creating and maintaining the presence of EDCTP on social media platforms, including managing social media accounts particularly Twitter and LinkedIn feeds.
- A degree in communications or a relevant field
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Strong analytical, social media and multimedia skills
- Experience in using website content management systems such as WordPress
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of Adobe Suite (Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Microsoft PowerPoint.
EDCTP offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
This is a one-year fixed-term appointment. The employee will be based at the EDCTP Secretariat in The Hague, Netherlands. Applicants must have a valid working permit in The Netherlands. The EDCTP Secretariat is characterised by a multicultural work environment and English is the working language.
Applications including a letter of motivation and CV should be submitted to email@example.com by midnight (CET) Tuesday 30 March 2021. Please include the job title in the email subject line.
Interviews are provisionally scheduled to take place in the week of Monday 5 April 2021. Applicants are requested to indicate in their application letter if they are not going to be available during this week. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. If you do not hear from us within 12 weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Protection of Personal Data
EDCTP is committed to protecting your privacy. We take every precaution to protect the information you provide. The data you provide will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure and will only be accessed by persons who need to do so for this purpose. Your data will be kept in our system up to one month after the completion of the recruitment procedure (should your application be unsuccessful). For further information or exercise of your rights (such as the right to access, or the right to correct your data, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please open this link