Deadline to apply: Friday, December 4, 2020, 11:59pm GMT
At Google, we believe information should be universally accessible. We are also committed to helping the innovators of the future make the most of their talents by providing scholarships for computer science students with disabilities. As part of our commitment, we’ve partnered with EmployAbility, a nonprofit organization dedicated to assisting students with disabilities while they pursue education and promising careers.
- Applicants must be university students studying computer science, computer engineering, informatics, or a closely related technical field at a university in Europe or Israel with a disability.
- Applicants must be enrolled as full-time or part-time students for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Applicants must intend to be enrolled or accepted as a full-time student at a university in Europe or Israel for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Applicants must maintain a strong academic record.
- Applicants must exemplify leadership and a passion for Computer Science and technology.
- Google employees are not eligible to apply for Google scholarships.
- Applicants must be 18 year of age or older as of 5 October 2020
- Persons who are (1) residents of embargoed countries, (2) ordinarily residents in embargoed countries, or (3) otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
How to enter
No purchase necessary to enter or win. To enter, applicants are required to complete the online application form and provide any supplementary information and/or documentation as may be requested from time to time.
- Each application will be evaluated and scored based on the following criteria: (i) demonstration of passion to computer science; (ii) academic merit; and (iii) demonstration of leadership skills (the “Criteria”).
- Each application that meets the Criteria will be reviewed by Google in accordance with the Criteria by an internal panel of Google judges, and the best 10 applications (as assessed by the panel of judges in their sole discretion against the Criteria) will be successful.
- Notification of successful applicants will take place by no later than June 2021 at the email address provided at the time of application. Notification is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms and conditions set forth herein. Successful applicants will be required to accept the scholarship terms within 14 days of notification by Google. If successful applicants fail to accept within 14 days, the scholarship payment will be forfeited and Google may, in its sole discretion, select an alternative successful applicant.
- Successful applicants agree that Google may, from time to time, use their name and/or refer to their university in Google’s promotional materials relating to future scholarship programs.
- The successful applicants are responsible for ensuring that they comply with all the applicable tax Laws and filing requirements. To the extent permitted by applicable Law, all taxes imposed on scholarship payments are the sole responsibility of the successful applicants. All scholarship payments shall be net of any taxes Google is required by Law to withhold. Awards of the scholarship payments to successful applicants may be (at Google’s sole discretion) subject to the express requirement that they submit to Google all documentation that may be requested by Google from time to time to permit it to comply with all applicable tax reporting. In order to receive a scholarship payment successful applicants may be (at Google’s sole discretion) required to submit tax documentation requested by Google or otherwise required by applicable Law, to Google or a representative for Google or the relevant tax authority, all as determined by applicable Law. If a successful applicant fails to provide such documentation (where required) or comply with such Laws, the scholarship payment may be forfeited and Google may, in its sole discretion, select an alternative successful applicant.
Not an offer or contract of employment
- Under no circumstances shall the submission of a scholarship application or the awarding of a scholarship payment be construed as an offer or contract of employment with Google. Applicants acknowledge that they submit their application voluntarily and not in confidence or in trust. Applicants acknowledge that no confidential, fiduciary, agency or other relationship or implied-in-fact contract now exists between applicant and Google and that no such relationship is established by applicants acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The 10 best applications, as assessed in accordance with the Criteria above shall be selected to receive the scholarship payment of €7,000 (issued in the form of bank transfer) to be spent on tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for the applicants’ classes at their primary university.
For more information please open this link