The University Twente Scholarship (UTS) is a scholarship for excellent students from both EU/EEA as well as non-EU/EEA countries, applying for a graduate programme (MSc) at the University of Twente. The students receive between € 3,000 and € 22,000 for one year.
The University Twente Scholarship (UTS) is a scholarship for excellent students from both EU/EEA as well as non-EU/EEA countries, applying for a Master’s programme at the University of Twente.
- Become one of the most promising UT students.
- Exclusive opportunity to take part in an intake for one of the three honours programmes: Research honours, Design honours, or Change leaders.
- € 3,000 – € 22,000 for one year (approximately 50 scholarships available). If you have applied for a two-year programme, make sure you read the information about two-year study programmes below.
- Have a look at the overview of the estimated costs of living when studying at the University of Twente (excluding tuition fees).
Please note: This scholarship is meant as a compensation for study related costs. It is up to the scholarship student to decide how to spend the money. No costs (e.g. tuition fees) will be paid on your behalf.
TWO-YEAR STUDY PROGRAMME
In case of a two-year study programme, students can receive an additional UTS of an amount equal to that in the first year to cover the expenses of the second year. However, the scholarship will only be continued during the second year when students meet the process requirements for the UTS.
You must have obtained:
- An average grade of 7 (out of 10) at the end of the third quartile of the first year
- At least 50% of European Credits at the end of the third quartile of the first year
An additional scholarship can be awarded to UTS recipients (only for programmes starting in September 2020):
You need to apply for a University of Twente Scholarship (UTS) in order to be eligible for a Kipaji Scholarship.
This scholarship has additional requirements. Please make sure you check the information of the Kipaji Scholarship programme.Master’s programmesCountries eligible for this scholarship
- 1 May 2021
In order to be eligible for a the University of Twente Scholarship, you should meet all the requirements below
- Application for an UT scholarship is a procedure separate from the application for course entry at the University of Twente. Regardless of funding, you will need to gain an admission letter first.
- You have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying UT Master programmes starting in the academic year 2021/2022 (September). Please note: After completion of your application, it may take up to 8 weeks before you receive the results.
- You must have a studentnumber.
- You have not graduated from a UT (under)graduate programme;
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
- You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills
- You are not eligible for a Dutch study loan;
- The University Twente Scholarship is a scholarship for excellent students. Typically this means that you belong to the best 5 to 10 percent of your class
The UTS is not available for Dutch and/or current UT students.
The UTS is not available for Master’s programmes at the Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC).
The UTS is not available for the pre-Master programme. UTS pre-Master students can also not apply for the UTS when they wish to continue with a Master programme.
APPLICATION DEADLINES & DETAILS
Application deadline – round 1:
- Application form opens per 15 October 2020, 09.00 CET
- Application forms closes per 1 February 2021, 16.00 CET (for programmes starting September 2021)
Application deadline – round 2:
- Application form opens per 1 February 2021, 16.00 CET
- Application form closes per 1 May 2021, 16.00 CET (for programmes starting September 2021)
If you applied in round 1, and your application was rejected, an application in round 2 is not considered. You can only be awarded with one UT scholarship.
HOW TO APPLY
START YOUR APPLICATION
You have to apply for a Master’s programme first. Once you applied for a Master’s programme and received a (conditional) admission letter, you can apply for the scholarship with your student number. UTS is not available for Dutch and/or current UT students. The UTS is not available for Master’s programmes at the Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC). The UTS is not available for the pre-Master programme.
UNIVERSITY OF TWENTE SCHOLARSHIP – APPLY NOW
For more information please open this link
Business Information Technology
Civil Engineering & Management
Construction Management & Engineering
Educational Science & Technology
Environmental & Energy Management
European StudiesHealth Sciences
Industrial Engineering & Management
Philosophy of Science, Technology & Society
Countries eligible for this scholarship
- American Samoa
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Bouvet Island
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- British Virgin Islands
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Caribbean Netherlands
- Cayman Islands
- Central African Republic
- Christmas Island
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands
- Congo – Brazzaville
- Congo – Kinshasa
- Cook Islands
- Costa Rica
- Côte d’Ivoire
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Falkland Islands
- Faroe Islands
- French Guiana
- French Polynesia
- French Southern Territories
- Heard & McDonald Islands
- Hong Kong SAR China
- Isle of Man
- Macau SAR China
- Marshall Islands
- Myanmar (Burma)
- New Caledonia
- New Zealand
- Norfolk Island
- North Korea
- Northern Mariana Islands
- Palestinian Territories
- Papua New Guinea
- Pitcairn Islands
- Puerto Rico
- San Marino
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Sint Maarten
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Georgia & South Sandwich Islands
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St. Barthélemy
- St. Helena
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- St. Martin
- St. Pierre & Miquelon
- St. Vincent & Grenadines
- Svalbard & Jan Mayen
- São Tomé & Príncipe
- Trinidad & Tobago
- Turks & Caicos Islands
- U.S. Outlying Islands
- U.S. Virgin Islands
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Vatican City
- Wallis & Futuna
- Western Sahara
- Åland Islands